Never Again will I let anyone else work on my bike

SANDFLEA85

Registered
So I picked my bike up on mondy of this week from having a new swingarm put on,in the process they had to remove the tail fairing and hump and repaint it because they damaged it somehow and im still waiting on a new brake lever that they also somehow broke.so I get it home and do a once over (that I should have done before i left) and find a few things,like missing bolts/screws,for one the exhaust is no longer secured (brocks alien head shorty) to the rearset like it was when i dropped it off (missing bolt/nut) the undertail only has the front two pins holding it in? where the hell are the other FOUR??? My airshifter isnt working now,i press the button to activate compressor and NOTHING! and this is the best one,I go for a ride today and lean on the rear brake and guess what? NOTHING! they didnt bleed the brake line when they put the longer line on for the 6 over swingarm..and I hear something hitting (metel on metel) while riding slowly back home,here its the new chrome tag holder hitting the rear sprocket because they only secured it with one screw,it needs two so it doesnt move around....so,I got all this for $600+ ..I was gonna take it back to have them install my shock when i get it back from traxx dynamics but hell no,ill put it on myself,just like I should have put the swingarm myself,im capable of doing it,just got lazy,well thats what I get!! happy to say she is all back together and running nice,and stopping too..haha

stretch.jpg

why didnt ya just put the swingarm on yourself? lol. you could have driven to my house, i would ave done it for you for a pizza and some beer and you would have saved a lot of money, just your time lol

No one will care for your bike as you will yourself. Glad you got it back up to par.

Very nice looking bike.
beerchug.gif

I would call them and let them know what they did. They may have a screwy mechanic that could possibly hurt someone with a bad repair job.

$600? They messed up but that aint a bad price. Was the swing arm included for that price? If it wasnt then i can understand your sorrows.

Its not like its a mom and pop joint,its a pretty well known shop Tricked Out Custom Cycles,this is what they do,build custom sport bikes.they did me a favor by taking the bike on short notice,they were getting ready for Myrtle Beach and really didnt want any extra work until they returned.but regardless of the reason for the poor attention to detail,I will remain friends with the guys over there but to avoid any further frustration just do my own work.I will have a talk with the owner,since it is his business and reputation.may need to re evaluate some of the young kids working there....live and learn I guess.

damn dude that sucks.. are you still gonna go this coming week with us to bike night.

Always do it yourself...
If my busa ever gets touched by someone else I must have sold it or it was stolen.

$600? They messed up but that aint a bad price. Was the swing arm included for that price? If it wasnt then i can understand your sorrows.
haha..no ,swingarm was $1200..its a race lite swingarm from Thompson swingarms,built in air tank and bottle holder.$600 included the zzz chain($230),chrome tag holder/axel spacer($160),re tubing the air shift system and 3hrs labor.

damn dude that sucks.. are you still gonna go this coming week with us to bike night.
I doubt I ll have my shock back in time,right now,I cant even ride because she bottoms out and Im not buying another undertail (3rd one) so may have to wait until the following week.I seen your pics,looks like a good time,we'll meet up for sure
super.gif

Is it me or is that chain really LOOSE..even with an extended arm
wowold.gif
  Always do it yourself.
Damn,you have good eyes,actually in that pic the axel is loose and the chain adjusters weren't set...yeah,I forgot to mention that also when i got her back the chain was banjo tight,too tight for my likeing.she's adjusted now....but I cant believe you picked that up
cool.gif

I guess u know better. I know if it were me....that would be the LONGEST and WORST day of their life
firedevil.gif
. Good to see u got her running and stopping
thumb_up.gif

I guess u know better. I know if it were me....that would be the LONGEST and WORST day of their life
firedevil.gif
thumb_up.gif
maybe 5yrs ago but now,i just let things go because once I get started I usually dont know how to turn it off,some things just arent worth it.Im guessing those anger management classes I HAD to do have something to do with it.its all good though.

firedevil.gif
thumb_up.gif
maybe 5yrs ago but now,i just let things go because once I get started I usually dont know how to turn it off,some things just arent worth it.Im guessing those anger management classes I HAD to do have something to do with it.its all good though.
+1
clap.gif
Absolutely

Seriously thats BS. I just dont get why people that choose to do work on others stuff dont take any pride in what they do. I had my first service done and when I left the dealer I smelled burning oil, they didnt bother to wipe the oil that spilled over the headers off and when I got home there was oil spatter all over the right side of the bike, didnt tighten the oil fill cap WTF!? You know an extra 2min and I wouldnt have any complaints. BTW I checked the oil drain bolt immediately and it was tight... makes you want to go back and raise hell, fire those people that dont give a sh!t and hire people that do
guns.gif

You would think they would test ride the bike to ensure everything was ok, but I guess not, just trying to get your bike done and mess up another!

Back