Nevada Riders Hand Signals

The Nevada signal system is very sophisticated and copied by many.....unfortunately, Jimbo speaks a rare dialect that few understand. Jimbo may be the only one that actually uses it on the road. Doyle

UHHHHH Seems simple simple enough to me. The man wants to RIDE. How many times has he got to tell you to mount up, it's time to spank some corners, flatlander!!! Then he goes on to say, it's about 35 (s)miles to the next stop, no tar snakes ahead let it rip!!!

Last edited:
I experienced this unknown dialect first hand..so to speak..on our ride to Monitor pass. He said to beware of the tar snakes...and he wasn't kidding. Jim also showed a new hand signal for them damn kids on bicycles..lol:poke:

Dan

I thought it was " I had my oatmeal, wheatgerm and honey this morning" Now lets get this train rollin before I explode... :rofl:

he clearly said wind up your rubber band and go on ahead of me, my waffle ticker isnt ready to fry anymore tire irons, last time I started up the fryer to earlie it spun in a clockwise motion and then flew forward 3 or 4 feet. so I will move on behind you so that if you pass gas, I can collect it for more experiments with my soda pop!

Maybe I can shed some light here Doug:

The first one means "Good to go, let's ride".

The second one means "What are ya waiting for...I'm sweep in these darn hills bud".

The third one means "Any time you're ready you can wind it up !".

The fourth one means "Well c'mon now let's get a-goin already everyone's leaving us behind".

The fifth one means "Well now we have to pass a couple would you mind getting into gear ????"

The sixth one means "But that's okay, no big deal, any time now...."

The seventh one means (well actually it was the look in his rear view, I know most missed this) "Geez buddy, are we ever leaving ????, now we're waaay behind".

Anything else ya need Doug, just ask.... :oldcool:

Now, see, I rode with the SoCal boys.....we didn't have many glove-conversations Lamb and Vinny would just haul-@ss, and I ran sweep behind Randy chasing "them" the whole darn day.... :super:

Last edited:
Thank you Spudley, you're dang near spot on my friend!
Admittedly, had my oats, wheatgerm and honey way before dawn and two strong cups of java didn't help the situation.
Everyone grouped up at the intersection of I80 and hwy 89 and then took off. That darn Uncle Steve was just sitting there as all the others started to disappear towards the start of the Sierraville fun and I was wondering if he was having bike problems of some sort!? I wasn't gonna just take off and leave the lad!
And at the same time I was thinking I can't let the Pacemaster/Raypup duo get too far ahead or I wouldn't see either one until a lunch stop hours up the road. As it ended up, we all got separated up the road anyways because Uncle S had to stop and take a pee..........AGAIN. I swear that kid has a bladder the size of a pea! :laugh:
Pacemaster and I ride together all the time and we have our own set of hand signals and usually don't have the problems that Steve and Doug do with their chatter boxes on full time. We'd be fightin' non-stop just like those two do if we had actual verbal communication!!
I showed this video to my wife and she confirmed what she has always known, ole Jimbo ain't playin' with a full deck. Oh well, who cares, eh? Throw a leg over and all is forgotten!! :whistle:

We use hand signals like that around the PNW for group rides also. We usually don't stop long enough to video that many in one day. I was just amazed that you actually recorded all of those in a few minutes. :laugh:

Back