neutral light

daisy44

Registered
I have an 03 with 61,656 loving miles.Problem is the neutral light has been playing peek-a-boo with me.Light comes on but when i shut her off,then turn her on,no light and fuel pump not coming on,hence she wont start. I can jiggle the shift peg all day long but neutral light wont come on. Now here is what is the kicker!!!! I sit on the bike turn the key on put the kickstand up and the green neutral light comes on and i hear the fuel pump prime!!!!!!! WTF She has never gave me any problems all these years, i dont want to take her to the stealership as i just dont trust them.I know you guys can help

no the bike is not in gear, it is in neutral when thekickstand is down. a habit i had for years, never leave bike in gear when stand is down.

Sounds like a bad neutral selector thingy. I forgot what it was called. Maybe someone will chime in with the answer.

no the bike is not in gear, it is in neutral when thekickstand is down. a habit i had for years, never leave bike in gear when stand is down.
I always leave my bike in gear with the kick stand down and pushed as far forward as it will go. Prevents rolling and falling over.

That s a bad habit:laugh: I leave it in gear then push forward then lean it on the stand. Could it be a false neutral??? put the bike back in first an then put it back in neutral???

Back