Neutral light not working

SS14PSI

Registered
Gen 1. Any idea why the neutral light would stop working? I searched the forum and found that the issue is usually accompanied by starting issues. Mine has no other issues, just that the neutral light stopped working. Any ideas?

Its an LED. Shouldn't have went out but worth a shot to check. Simple to take apart the gauges and see if the wire is burnt in the bulb. Also, if you know the least little bit about soldering, its relatively easy to change. Prolly a 2 on the "How Hard Is This" scale. If not that, check the sensor with a multimeter

Have you tried playing with the shifter ? My shifter has been poorly adjusted, but it wasn't worth me messing with. Lately when putting the bike in neutral I wouldn't get the light or the 0. I'm pretty sure I need to adjust mt shifter to remedy this. Just a thought. Check out the Gen I schematic and take a look at the circuit. I'm not familiar. Kinda doubt the LED is gone.

I'll try the shifter thing. This problem started after I replaced the chain and sprockets, so maybe that's it, since I did have the front sprocket cover off. I thought I put the shifter back on just as it came off though and it seems to shift just fine too. I'll check it out anyway though just to be sure.

I'll try the shifter thing. This problem started after I replaced the chain and sprockets, so maybe that's it, since I did have the front sprocket cover off. I thought I put the shifter back on just as it came off though and it seems to shift just fine too. I'll check it out anyway though just to be sure.
That's when my shifter was messed up too, I really need to take the minute it takes to correct it :laugh: Hope it works for ya.

Well I finally figured it out. This little white connector under the gas tank was unplugged. I have no idea how it got unplugged, but that was it and I'm just glad it's working again :)

9F5A44C2-8A01-4C12-9E54-DF9BE12DCFAC-5306-00000285A17577F3.jpg

So I know this is a really old post but I thought I would add something to it . After having my light start flickering while parked and motor on it finally stopped working , I could rev it up and the light would flicker but not stay on . So after f ing with this for a month I got it sorted out . GPS was replaced on last rebuild last year so no on that , Kick stand switch is bypassed so no on that , Plug that power commander under gas tank was fine so no on that too , I followed the blue wire from that plug under gas tank all through the harness and found it ended under the dash panel on left side . After shaking and lifting the harness if I tapped the flasher relay it would flicker . Well turns out that relay not only runs the turn signals and the fuel pump and the ignition it also controls the neutral light . New relay light back on and strong green !

Back