Neutral LED indicator

Busa_Havens

Registered
Looking for some assistance wiring up a neutral indicator light on my Gen II dragbike.

No gauge cluster, hence the need for an indicator light. I've searched and searched and haven't found the information I need.

Using a 12v led light. Need to know what wire to tap in to.

Thanks in advance.

The gear position switch is behind clutch basket. It's 3 pin conector comes out of top engine case. The Black / white is ground.
Using a test light you can pin the other two wires one at a time to find the one that illuminates the test bulb. Make sure key is on and move gear from 1st to neutral.
It will probably be the blue wire. Pink looks to be for each gear with various resistance.

DSC_1097.JPG

Thanks for the quick replies!

I found the GPS plug, but I think I failed in that I unplugged it to test each pin/wire. Unplugged it would have no power, etc.

So would the blue wire provide voltage (+) or ground (-)?

Thanks for the quick replies!

I found the GPS plug, but I think I failed in that I unplugged it to test each pin/wire. Unplugged it would have no power, etc.

So would the blue wire provide voltage (+) or ground (-)?
Blue would be + voltage.

Tried the way mentioned above, didn't work. So I swapped it around and sent switched 12v+ to the LED, tapped into the blue wire for the ground and it works. I'll post pictures of my dash if I can remember to take one!

Back