Nervous....having valves adjusted

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
:rofl:

So the bike is at the dealership to check the valves. Engine has ~32k and I don't know it's history well, so I wanted to be safe. Is it weird that one part of me wants them to be in spec, so cheaper.....but the other part of me wants them to be out of spec....so it justifies getting the check done?

Will post up when I found out, from what I've read these engines are generally bulletproof if well maintained. Just hoping this one has been.

i'll be having some similar check-ups on the bike this weekend, am on the fence too which way it will go..

Let me know how it turns out mine has 41000 I have contemplated haveing this done. Post up how much its out if any, Thanks!!

If you don't hear valvetrain noise and the bike runs great...why would you have them check in the first place:rolleyes2:

Because bikes tend to tighten up lash as the valves recede in the head, so you won't hear any excessive noise even though the clearances aren't right anymore.

No reason to feel nervous about getting the valves checked. The motor does have some miles on it and you don't know how well the previous owners took care of the bike. Do keep us posted on the outcome.

All within spec :beerchug:

But apparently my JB weld radiator mounts didn't hold, anyone have a spare ? :whistle:

Back