NEP Throttle lock

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
Saw the long rides post and it was stated in there that the NEP Throttle lock for cruise control is only $15...

online store?

This is the lock that doesn't replace the bar-ends, right? I have the schnitz bullet bar-ends on my baby and I like the way they look...
smile.gif

Cloud, I did a search on the net and found lots of sites that talked about the lock and how to install the lock but none that really talked about how to order. This site is the only that talked about purchasing one and maybe it will help.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/newhome.....html&2

Cloud, I did a search on the net and found lots of sites that talked about the lock and how to install the lock but none that really talked about how to order.  This site is the only that talked about purchasing one and maybe it will help.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/newhome.....html&2
I didn't find them anywhere on teh web for sale either... I ended up going down to the dealer today and they have one for $19.95... So I might as well just buy from the dealer...

On the other hand, the dealer was telling me that there is a curise control available that will dis-engage when you roll off the throttle (little safer.) He was unable to find the product while I was there, but he will be calling me with info and pricing on the device...

more info. to come late next week.

Sounds good. I just bought new CF bar ends and don't want to replace one with the Throttlemeister, but want something to ease the pain in the wrist.

Me too, the dealer stated that this cruise fits between the bar-end and the grip, so I think we will be okay... If they don't find it, I am just going to go with the NEP throttle lock which fits next to the kill switch instead of the bar-end.

There's not much room b/w the bar end and the grip unless you slide the kill switch to the left some. Is there enough?

I actually have a slight gap between my bar-ends and the actual grip, so I really wasn't thinking much about it.

I will let you know what I find out next week. I just ordered a ZG Double-Bubble. I pick it up next wed. and I will check on the status then.

You'll love that ZG DB screen! Helps cut down on a lot of the wind when tucked! It also looks pretty cool! Which tint did you get? Smoke? Dark smoke? Clear?

i researched a few diffferent locks thru all the various websites thru a mamma.com search and read all i could on the board and i decided to go with the throttlemeister, i have always had a problem on any type of bike with the infamous " numb throttle hand " i'll post again when i get it in, on & adjusted

Let us know if the NEP works out for ya

You'll love that ZG DB screen!  Helps cut down on a lot of the wind when tucked!  It also looks pretty cool!  Which tint did you get?  Smoke?  Dark smoke?  Clear?
Bought the dark smoke. I was hoping to cut back on the wind as you say and everyone on the board seemed to be going with the ZG DB.

Will the dubble-bubble, give me more noticable wind protection while sitting up? I noticed you said "while tucked."

Everyone seems to say it looks good, I am hoping so... You know looks are important and I am praying it looks better then stock so I don't have to constantly fight with myself on which screen I should use...

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082305683 -->

The ZG DB will probably only give you better protection while tucked because of the design. Some folks have said that the air flows more over the top of them while upright, but I am tall and it still hits me unless I'm tucked. It does look much better than the stock screen. Here is a pic of what it looks like on mine. Also, I used my throttle grip on a long ride today and boy did it help. I didn't have any problems with numbness or cramping in the wrist. I was quite impressed and don't think I will need a Throttlemeister or Nep throttle lock. May change my mind but for now I'm okay!

DSC00413.JPG

damn! that is pretty sweet... I have a 2001 black/grey and ordered the dark smoke... I think its going to look good after seeing your pics... I am short, 5'7", so with some luck, it will hide most of the wind while up as well...

I hope you got the NEP for Suzuki for the SINGLE cable Throttle, the Dual cable one does not fit.

I've got one on Smaug and it's a real boon on those straights inbetween the tight twisties and on the highway...

Ask Thrasherfox and Sane_man if they wish they had one on the Tahoe trip on April 8...

firedevil.gif

Got my ZG DB in yesterday... I also ordered some 1" reaper risers which should be in today. I am going to install them both over the weekend... Maybe have some pics for you next week. (I have also added the new schnitz racing bar-ends also; love'em)

On the throttle-lock, the dealer was unable to find the product he was refering to, but I happened to come accross them on ebay. The device appears to simply help hold the throttle in place so you don't have to hold it as tightly and you can relax your hand a bit.

I am going to pass on this... I think it may have some use, but I really think it will be a waste of money. I am going to order the NEP throttle lock and that will suffice.

Cloud

I've used NEP throttle lock for years on Katana, and loved it. You just have to adjust it properly, and it locks the throttle strong enough, but you can still force it to close. Never had a problem.

Tried to fit it on the 'Busa - too narrow space. Even filed it to reduce thickness - still doesn't fit. Will try to move the kill switch assembly next. BTW, that's a single cable NEP lock, and it seems it will fit on the 'Busa just fine (cable wise).

I have followed the threads on the NEP and the Throttlemeister and after riding distance for a while I decided the throttle grip would work for me. The hardest part is getting it in the right position.

Back