***** League's Buck O'Neil

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
I had the opportunity to meet Buck a couple of years ago.  What a great guy!  He had so much good in him - it was hard to believe he was 92 (at the time).  RIP, Buck!

Of course, living in KC - we've been closely following his progress while he's been hospitalized. Too bad he took a turn for the worse. KC will miss his smiling face.
sad.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Click Here for the Full Story

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Buck O’Neil, baseball’s charismatic ***** Leagues ambassador who barnstormed with Satchel Paige and inexplicably fell one vote shy of the Hall of Fame, died Friday night. He was 94.

Bob Kendrick, marketing director for the ***** Leagues Baseball Museum, said O’Neil died at a Kansas City hospital.

O’Neil had appeared strong until early August, when he was hospitalized for what was described as “fatigue.â€￾ He was released a few days later, but readmitted on Sept. 17. Friends said that he had lost his voice along with his strength. No cause of death was immediately given.

I own  "The History of Baseball ".. A documentary by Ken Burns.. The Buck O'Neil interviews are remarkable and well worth watching..  Due to segregation, many baseball greats never received due recognition.... It's good knowing that Buck Oneill had the chance to tell baseball fans of his experiences in the ***** League. ..   RIP

#1stAmendment ~ #BuckOneil ~ #History ~ #NegroLeague ~ #THEoRg *

Back