Negotiating on a '01 busa w/ 10k miles

ask him to email you the vin.. then pm it to me.. i have a vin check acount..

i would guess around 6K... plus or minus 500..

6000 would be a good deal for you if the bike was in great condition. ask to test drive if possible. and bike history. accidents. etc.

i am also an hour away from Toledo.

ask him to email you the vin.. then pm it to me.. i have a vin check acount..

i would guess around 6K... plus or minus 500..

6000 would be a good deal for you if the bike was in great condition.  ask to test drive if possible. and bike history. accidents. etc.

i am also an hour away from Toledo.
OK, I sent him an email asking for the VIN. I'm just leary man cause this is EVERY dime I have to my name and WOW!!!

send me pm when you get the vin.

did you get an out-of-door price for a new 2006?

did you see it in person?

send me pm when you get the vin.

did you get an out-of-door price for a new 2006?

did you see it in person?
I wish I could get a 2006, haha! I got the worst credit and have been denied 3 places already! I would rather pay cash for it anyways so I wouldn't have payments. But no I haven't seen it in person yet.... was really looking for some guidance before I made the 2 hour drive!

Recommend you post the a link to the listing... just to make sure there aren't any flags you should be looking for..... THERE ARE A LOT OF BUSA SCAMS ON EBAY!!!

anyone comment on this? why no owners to date?

The story of this vehicle according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This vehicle has not had any owners to date. It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
No odometer problems, like a broken odometer or an odometer rollover, were reported by a DMV.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.

He is close enough to you so that you can see it in person before putting any money down. I'd go there and see it in person before making the final decision. The price seems reasonable.

I'm lookin for ALL Advice! Are there any known problems with the '01? I got him to agree to $6,600 if I pick it up today with cash! hmmm... WTF should I do, haha!

Recommend you post the a link to the listing... just to make sure there aren't any flags you should be looking for.....  THERE ARE A LOT OF BUSA SCAMS ON EBAY!!!
You mean like the one in my first post???  Haha!
Sorry man....didn't even see it...I've got like 7 windows open doing different things...but yeah..just like your first post!
thumbs-up.gif

Recommend you post the a link to the listing... just to make sure there aren't any flags you should be looking for.....  THERE ARE A LOT OF BUSA SCAMS ON EBAY!!!
You mean like the one in my first post???  Haha!
Sorry man....didn't even see it...I've got like 7 windows open  doing different things...but yeah..just like your first post!
thumbs-up.gif
Well I've got him to $6,600 and he said thats the lowest he can go because he's loosing already! Should I hold out for a better deal or go with this???

That is the same bike that I have. I paid 8500 for mine with 700 miles on it, three years ago -and I knowingly paid more than it was worth because it was an American Version in Japan.
There aren't any problems with it, that I know of and I haven't had any mechanical problems with mine that aren't due to riding. The bike looks good (surprising that he has that many miles and it looks that good). What is his reserve? Also, in one of the pics, his seat is not bolted down. Might want to ask what condition the battery is in.... and if he is using a battery tender.

6600... take the drive if you have time.. ask him if you can test drive it.. or if you know what to look for in used.. bike..

take some cash with you at least enough for a deposit..

if you really like it.. 6600 is not bad.. might be able to get a better deal if you want to wait... dont do any more negotations until you see the bike..

6600... take the drive if you have time.. ask him if you can test drive it.. or if you know what to look for in used.. bike..

if you really like it.. 6600 is not bad.. might be able to get a better deal if you want to wait... dont do any more negotations until you see the bike..
+1.  Tell him you need to go see the bike.  Also, with that new pipe...be sure and pay attention to the lower fairing where the headers come off to the mid pipe.  If the pipe is not angled correctly, it can get too close to the fairing and you will see what looks like plastic melting/burn marks.

The bike looks good 6600 doesn't sound aweful, but you should go see it if able.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140979297 -->

Thanks guys... I just emailed him to let him know I would like to sit on it for a day or two! That atleast buys me a little thinkin time if nothin else, haha!

Looks like a good deal @ $6,600 especially if you price out the upgrades. As long as this guy is the registered owner and he has a clean pink slip in hand it should be ok. Check the bike out for yourself when you pick it up. I have a 01 stock with 32k miles absolutely no problems still runs like new.

The only RED Flag I see is the miles are under 11k? That's only 2k per year! I'd really want to know the reason why so low.

The only RED Flag I see is the miles are under 11k?  That's only 2k per year! I'd really want to know the reason why so low.
MICHIGAN..
smile.gif
not eveyrone is lucky enough to live in Cali
smile.gif

thats why..

but yes.. because of the mileage.. thats why 6600 is a fair deal..

ask him to email you the large pics of the "small dings here and there"

good luck.

smile.gif

Back