Needing some insight

oreo

Registered
What's going on everbody I was just wondering a friend of mine is suggesting that that I port my heads and change my cam and I was wondering what y'all thought about it

Also I have a full muzzy exhaust and took the can off to hear what it would sound like and I love it and was wondering if it would hurt anything mechanically and proformance wise

You can pick up 15-20 hp with a good head/cam package, but there are more cost effective ways of doing it.. Running your exhaust without a can won't hurt anything but your ears......

Most cost effective, meaning super cheap....
Swapping the exhaust cam w/ an intake cam.

You could do some light MODs if you haven't already:
Small Airbox MOD
Pair Valve Removal
R1 Throttle Tube
GSXR1k Wheels
+2 teeth on rear sprocket

Taking your can off reduces back pressure, and you'll actually lose some low range power. Won't hurt anything, but won't give you much other than a headache.

Last edited:
Small airbox mod
Pair Valve Removal
R1 Throttle Tube

I was wondering if you knew some threads that could help me do these mods and thank you for your help that's why I love the org. everybody is always willing to help

Small airbox mod
Pair Valve Removal
R1 Throttle Tube

I was wondering if you knew some threads that could help me do these mods and thank you for your help that's why I love the org. everybody is always willing to help
PM Sent for ya man, good luck.

Thanks mike I just finished reading those threads and I'm going to get started on these mods first thing in the morning

Back