Needing advise on website design

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
I have been assigned the task of looking into and getting a website up and going for our local lodge. I am semi computer literate, no expert by any means but not a beginner either. I have worked today with a local internet provider that has offered to host the site for us free of charge and that is in the works.

The biggest question I have is this. Is the website something that I can create having no experience at all or is it something that is best left to someone that has experience doing it? Are there any programs that would make it easier if I do take on the task and what quality of website can I develop using such software? This will most likely be a site that is used for updates, news, events, fundraisers etc so it doesn't have to be an extensive of fancy site but at the same time our goal will be to have a professional looking site. Our biggest problem is funding as we operate off donations and fundraisers etc. We can afford to spend some cash on it but spending several thousand isn't really an option.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mcnology.com Affordable, full service web hosting packages.

If you are gettting free hosting then that is hard to beat. I am surprised the hosting company doesn't have something for you to use.

Otherwise try my buddy out at the link above.

His hosting has some very nice "do it yourself" tools for creating webpages. Other than some tools like his hosting site has, leave it to the pros.

HTML/website creation for dummies might work too if you have the time to learn it. It is not overly hard as much as time comsuming to do it from sctrach yourself.

Hey man I got a guy that does great work...he designed me and my partners site...you can check it out WWW.FINISHWITHUS.COM....I'm sure he could set you up at a reasonable cost....his email is constructmedia@gmail.com guys name is Ryan...Tell him Ronnie from Finish Line sent ya and see what he says.....his site is Home if you want to check out more of his work....he is a sport bike enthusiast as well....lil common ground there....good luck

Thanks for the info guys, I'll be checking both of them out. At this point just weighing options and trying to decide what will work best for us and our situation. :beerchug:

Back