Needed Cruise Control Measured Please.

c10

Registered
Need to know the size of the actuator in width/ height / length . length of cable not needed .
Building a special trash can mod to house motor as not to lose space .

Fyi Ill be using elect version not vacuum .

Thank you

It's big for sure! The specs might be on the product page...

About 4" x 4" x 5-1/2" (could not get a ruler on it in the bike but this is close). Bigger problem is that the cable coming out of the front is rigid for about 3" before you can turn it. I had it turned 90 degrees after the 3" and it did not work properly. So I believe the best route is to hang the servo unit out the back as far as you can before hitting the rear light assembly. Then run the cable straight forward out of the trunk and around the battery on either side. I went on the left side past the battery and into the space above the transmission. I looped it around there and then it goes into the throttle actuator on the left.. The cable is so long on the CC I used it had to be looped. I used a bicycle brake cable adjuster to attach the cable to the frame (there is already a clip on the frame you can bolt a bracket to). Be sure you have access to the setting pin access on the servo unit as you will need to make adjustments when the servo is in the bike. You need a pretty solid place to hold the servo down as it gets some surprising forces going as it pulls on the cable. I made a bracket to attach it to the frame cross member.

If you have a Gen II, the vacuum version actually takes up less room as the servo and vacuum tank fit in the turn signal pods on either side nicely and don't use trunk space. I know you will engineer something nice so let us know!
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG

Reactions: c10
A revisit as I'm getting ready to order the cruise . Ill post up a build with pictures . I have some other parts coming so good time to get this all done for riding season . Willie thanks again for photos

Back