Need you guys to help me a little...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I need some help from the members...

Most of the members we have here if you read the "How did you make you way to the site" thread will tell you that they searched Google and we were on the list. In Feb of last year Google changed the process they had been using and went from a human actually looking at the site and making a decision on what our value was to an automated algorithm called Panda. This new script looks for things like how long a member stays on the site which if you are just reading a thread can be a very short time before you go to a different page. We get ranked on links coming into the site from other places (If you have a website or blog or something like that you can link back to the org and it helps) and finally they looked at Google +1 ranks...

How can you help you ask? Well it's this simple... Facebook has the "like" feature and we have included an interface with Facebook so you can very easily post articles from this site to your facebook page.. Once you have it set up when you click on the like button on the top left of the screen (No to be confused with the built in LIKE button on the right in the threads) you just click on that icon and before you can get to facebook to look the link is already there...

Back on track... On the top left of the threads next to the facebook like thumb you will see a +1 and that is Google's way for people to rank a page on a website on the Internet.. Basically they are asking the users of the Internet to rank the pages... What can you do? If you see a post or a thread that you think is valued (Hopefully there are many) then just click the +1 button on the top of the thread and that tells Google that someone thinks that page is worth visiting.. If more than one person does it you can start to see where it could help people not only know what threads are really good but Google will pick up on it and start to raise our ranks because people are basically reccomending the site....

We don't charge members to be here but we do need you guys to help us a little... Heck if every person that came to the site just clicked a +1 once a day it could greatly help us out...

+1.png

let me know if you have any questions...

cap

+1.png

Last edited:
Will clickin that "like" have anything to do with the "google+"? I always that the lil button was Google+'s version of liking.something for Facebook.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

let me know if you have any questions...

cap

Many .......

I just run a bunch of old IBM/Levinso ?(Sp)

or an IPOD Touchs.

I am a member of fb also.

Tell me exactly what you are looking for from both individuals or mass referals,

Cause I am lost .

I have the "time spent on the site" covered...For 12 hrs a day just about everyday the .org is open in a tab.

No problem Capt.:thumbsup:

I have the "time spent on the site" covered...For 12 hrs a day just about everyday the .org is open in a tab.

No problem Capt.:thumbsup:

That's an easy one I am always loogged in and will just tell my people to hit new post every 15 minutes.

Just never been a post ***** in 9 years.

Yiour Avatar dominates mineWhat ever happened to mine?????????

Oh, yeah!!!!!!

I'm the guy with the 100 percent attitude..............

That's right just the guy that won't quit,,,,,

5Toez Deluxe 2.jpg

Only problem with this is you have to create a google profile. and upgrade to beta+. Its just a facebook wannabe. I like the idea of spreading the word about the org.

Two things: I don't see any symbols on Forum Runner, and second, what if you don't have a Facebook or Google account?

Back