Need Transmission pulled Louisiana Texas area

FireMedic

Registered
Curious to see if anyone in the south east Texas or south west Louisiana area would be interested in pulling trans out for me to send off and reinstall it for a decent price. I don't expect free just not wanting to get raped. 2nd gear slipping and not sure if I'm comfortable with splitting engine. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

If it's just a gear slipping, why start with thinking the trans is at fault? A slipping gear would suggest a clutch problem, at least by what you've described.

Installed OEM clutch today and still slips in 2nd. Any hard acceleration in 2nd and it starts slipping. Today I didn't back off when it's started and it came out of gear. My mechanical skills are limited and I don't know what to do. Only person I can find that will pull trans wants to charge me $1800. I'm not afraid of a challenge but I don't want to get in over my head and ruin my bike. :banghead:

Feels like it pops out of second into neutral if that makes any sense. From what I've read i probably need shift fork, shaft and undercut.

Curious to see if anyone in the south east Texas or south west Louisiana area would be interested in pulling trans out for me to send off and reinstall it for a decent price. I don't expect free just not wanting to get raped. 2nd gear slipping and not sure if I'm comfortable with splitting engine. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Contact Mike at Third Coast Speed (337) 491-8933, he has done right by me.

To my knowledge this requires dropping the motor and opening the cases. Make sure you get some good parts put in and second gear undercut

im in Houma....i have Motorcycle Specialties (Paul Miller), he does all my motor work very good with prices....tell him Jody sent you.

Thanks for the replies. Mike at 3rd coast has done tunes for me but doesn't do mechanic work anymore. All they do is tunes. I'll gove Paul miller a call tomorrow. Definatly gonna install heavier duty components when I send the trans to get undercut.

Boosted Cycles is in Texas. he is a sponsor here. I'm sure cud help. not sure how far he is from u cause Texas is a BIG ARSE state....

Back