Need to replace my clutch

Okibusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've really been able to participate in any discussions. I am recuperating from my second spinal surgery in three months and I may be going in for a third cut tomorrow. But, before I do, I would like to order a new clutch.

As I understand it, there are basically two types of clutches; steel and Kevlar, with the Kevlar costing considerably more. What I need to know is, is it worth it to pay the extra bucks for the Kevlar clutch? When I ride, I try to ride as hard as possible on this rock. However, I will be bringing my 'Busa back to S. Fl. in the near future where the roads are long and straight.

Any suggestions on the type of clutch I should buy and websites that have the better deals?

Thanks

Buy stock plates and clutches only. I have not heard anything positive about the aftermarket stuff.

Charles from Street and Track has one of the best deals I have found. Be sure and change the springs as well. I'm going to do a write up of what I found on my clutch with part numbers, measurements, spring rates, and more details. Hopefully I'll get the done today.

Buy a few extra "thick" steel plates when you order.

Stock clutch guts are great! Switch to an 02+ setup when you order them, PM me I'll get the details you will need to install it correctly.

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 15 2006,20:47) Stock clutch guts are great! Switch to an 02+ setup when you order them, PM me I'll get the details you will need to install it correctly.
why go with an 02' to present for an oem clutch? 99-01 are junk?

(StreetnTrack @ Oct. 18 2006,16:12) no there not junk, suzuki just upgraded the clutch so most guys want to do the same.
The upgrade makes the clutch easier to slip, it doesn't act like an on/off switch so much.

i guess i'll go for an 02' or better when her time is up. thanks!
beerchug.gif

Back