Need to replace my chain

bajaboy169

Registered
I looked on ebay and found 1 for $40 bucks a 530 o ring chain with 112 links. has anyone bought one of these. Are they a quality chain I am broke and this is my mode of transportation so every penny counts for the purchase so the price means alot but I will pay more if I have to for safety. thaks for the board and your help.

bajaboy169

Glad you got a good one. You dont skimp on tires, brakes, or chains with these machines. :beerchug:

Glad I stumbled across this thread... Just ordered a chain and sprocket set. Great guy very helpful and you can't beat the pricing. Its always nice to support a board sponsor when you can.

I've been sick on and off the last few days so I haven't been on here much or I would have given the prices.

Thanks for the reference guys :thumbsup:

EK ZZZ Chain is the way to go

Yep, I had a chain come off last summer and it took out the shain, both sprockets, water pump, clutch pushrod, speedo sensor, slave cyl, sprocket cover, and damaged the wheel and cush drive.

You don't skimp on chains or chain maintenance.......:rulez:

Ahh, good chains are just a myth. Why........back in my day we used to use bailingwire and zipties for chains at the race track... Sure stuff broke... but we liked it that way. Dang whippersnappers..:laugh:

Heck, don't get me started on tires... they get better with age and they naturally turn into racing slicks the more they get worn.

Scary thing is, there's people that DO believe this out in the country in the Shenandoah valley. I've seen some bald azzed tires on streetbikes. Their response? Race tires are bald and these work now just like those. Shet you not.

Well really up set them when not looking take magic marker and draw some tred on those bald boys.
I see people where I live also riding on worn out bald tires . Their also ones, it seems that like to wheelie a lot Guess that makes the bald front tire last longer.
I know tires are not cheap but hospital bills and damage to bike not either.

Back