need to rais my bike a little bit.

mmullins

Registered
I have had this bike for just about 2 months now and love it. but i can't have a passenger. the bike is lowered and streched so if i put extra wieght on the back the undertail rubs. there is a couple adjustments to do i think to raise it up a bit. I was wondering which one to do without stiffiening up my ride to much. there is a 3 slot linkage and right now its in the middle. and the other would be the shock tower which is also adjusted in the middle. Any suggestions would be great. who knows may be you can't ride 2 people on streched busa.

heres a photo of the bike to see how it sits right now. I like the look but i could deal with the rear being raised a bit.

Busa 001.jpg

You probably just want to raise the rear and see how it goes. Or invest in an air ride system....

soupysperformance.com makes an adjustable RAISING rear link that raises the back 1 inch and also adjusts to 1" lower. I have his REGULAR adjustable links on my Busa and once you get used to them it is literally a 5 minute (or less) job to adjust them. You could raise the rear 1" for a passenger and lower it when you are going to be riding solo. Try contacting Soupy with your problem. I know he can fix it.

If it has multiple holes in the rear shock linkage...just move it over one hole...make it shorter to raise it :beerchug:

Making it longer will lower it :thumbsup:

How much are you stretched? I have the same problem. I bought a stiffer spring but I haven't installed it yet. I also have Soupy's links.

BMW5

IMG00008a.jpg

Mine rubs with one can't help:dunno: Why do you have your lock case on your passenger peg??? is there no room under the hump cause of a NOS hump mod:whistle: if thats the case can I see a pic of it:please:

Not sure how much it is stretched. i just bought/traded for the bike. As for the lock i now have it under the hump. they perviouse owner had the alarm system and power comander under there. If i lower the adjustment will it make the ride stiffer softer or stay the same?

Back