need to install 5000k HID kit

Or do a search.
thumb_up.gif

need to know how to install 5000k HID kit
Assuming you have already purchased an H7 low beam HID kit.

1. Disconnect battery ground cable
2. Remove rear meter panel item (10) 2 clips, 1 screw
3. Remove upper meter panel item (1) 4 clips
4. Remove right hand meter panel item (6) 1 allen head screw, 1 phillips screw

dash_trim.jpg

5. Remove dash assembly bolts, 2 (11)
6. Pull dash completely out of upper rubber grommets firmly far enough to reach wiring harness on left rear.
7. Slide rubber boot back from harness enough to depress harness connector retaining clip
8. Remove dash assembly

dash.jpg

9. Unplug low beam bulb connector (5)
10. Remove socket cover (3)
11. Remove low beam bulb by turning counter clock wise (2 & 8) are together as an assembly

bulbs.jpg

12. Install HID kit per instructions running wiring behind dash to the right side air intake tube
Hid ballast can mount nicely in its bracket on top of the right hand air intake tube with sheet metal screws if you choose. Seal tops of screws with permatex sealer.

ballast.jpg

Come to think of it, on step 11 the low beam is held in place with a retaining clip... The bulb should pull out after removing the retaining clip. It's the high beam that twists in.

Been a while
sadnews.gif

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
Nice instructions AND diagrams, never let it be said you won't help a member out!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Just installed my HID kit today... Runs fine till i parked my bike by the roadside for a smoke and pee. Hazard lights were on but headlight was off during that period of time.

When i was ready to go, bike won't start due to the battery being too weak to crank the motor.

My question is, does the HID draw more current than stock halogen lights when the bike is on the move? Could it be the reason for my battery not being able to start the bike after it stopped?

Did a search and found posts on installing either a relay or a timer delay to help with the flickering of the HID during starting. But would a relay or a delay help with reducing the power consumption of the HID when the bike is on the move?

Just installed my HID kit today... Runs fine till i parked my bike by the roadside for a smoke and pee. Hazard lights were on but headlight was off during that period of time.

When i was ready to go, bike won't start due to the battery being too weak to crank the motor.

My question is, does the HID draw more current than stock halogen lights when the bike is on the move? Could it be the reason for my battery not being able to start the bike after it stopped?

Did a search and found posts on installing either a relay or a timer delay to help with the flickering of the HID during starting. But would a relay or a delay help with reducing the power consumption of the HID when the bike is on the move?
Hid actually should not draw enough power to make starting or charging a problem, would say you have a battery problem. If the lights were not dimming while riding, your charging system is probably ok. Would go get battery.

I believe the HID lamp actually draws fewer amps than a halogen. Must be something else going on.
Install part 2: Call High-Gain busa and beg or bribe him to install. Nice write-up.

Back