Need to borrow coils

race24x

Registered
I was wondering if someone could lend or sell me reasonably 4 good working coils for my 00 Busa. I am trying to find a surge and hitching problem and would like to eliminate the coils as the cause. I can pay shipping and return them if you only want to lend. If I can buy cheap I can always resell them here if they are not the cause. Once I rule this out I will look at injectors next I understand you can send them out to be cleaned rebuilt and synched to work perfect again. It really feels like its dropping a cylinder while riding at a steady 2500-3000 Rpms goes out and comes back making it feel like a surge. It also hitches every once in a while like a cylinder drops off and comes back.

mine is going thru the same problem also. Here's what I've done with no results
change battery
change out coils
change plugs
checked TPS
Kickstand wiring
checked for vacuum Lk
changed out air filter
Dicsonnect and Ran No map on my PCIII
Disconnect my GiPro
synched TB's

I'm thinking about sending my sending my injectors in. I did run some sea foam thru the tank. sounds like we have the same problems.

Last edited:
Oh man it gets worse somedays I dont even want to ride it its so embarrassing. Do you have a extra set of coils? I see we are headed same way. I even paid a dealer to do the TPS synch the TBs and check the valves. I ran 1 whole can of seafoam through it changed the plugs cleaned the airfilter did the small airbox mod. It has to either be ignition or fuel delivery. I have tried it without my PCII and with. New Battery checked the charging system etc I am considering a possible vacuum leak only because it runs off of a vacuum sensor until 10% throttle then uses the TPS so that is where my bike acts the worst... The other thing I anm considering is if someone has a TRE to try After doing some reading about stock computer and how it works I see there is a way to change soft and hard rev limits and pull timing out of the bike in the stock computer if you want to flash the system. I may end up looking for a new ECU to try even at this point it is driving me crazy

Last edited:
with mine once it warms up it's good. So even when I come to a light and it idles below 3K it runs smooth. I was going with the fuel filter or cleaning my injectors. I have a 2006 just so you know, so it's not year specific. I'll keep ya posted.

I did pull them all off and check they seemed fine. The springs are still on them and I have had the tank off several times. I cleaned all fo the screens and removed the fuel filter (paper one in the fuel pump) Non of that seemed to help at all.

Back