need to attach a video camera..ideas?

jch364

Registered
I bought one of those kodak zi-6 video cameras and i was wanting to mount it on the bike but having trouble figuring out just how. I cant put it on the handle bar area because of the double bubble and the fact that i lowered the front end. not enough turn room. cant use the center stem cause i have a dark tinted windscreen. same problem using a tank mount. I already have a tank mount and a stem mount for the gps i could have used but like i said, dark tinted windscreen makes that not an option. I was thinking that it would be great to somehow have it attached to one of the frame sliders some how. just cant figure out a way to mount it. need some kinda mounting bracket somehow.... anyone got any ideas? im at a bit of a loss to come up with something.

of course if all else fails i guess i could just go get a clear factory windscreen and just change it out when i go to the drag strip.... that might be cheaper than having something made to order...idk

for a video camera.... that is an odd shape. think you are going to have to do some engineering.....

anyone got any ideas? im at a bit of a loss to come up with something.

A few. :lol:

How deep do you want to get into this?

900_Gopr0241.jpg

900_Gopr0867.jpg

918_Pict0096.jpg

900_Gopr0241.jpg

900_Gopr0867.jpg

918_Pict0096.jpg

Get a suction cup mount for a GoPro , I think they are like twenty bucks .
That and their tripod mount ($10) might work ?

Tripod mount will screw to bottom of camera , then attach mount to suction cup and then attach cup to bike on fairing .

Get a suction cup mount for a GoPro , I think they are like twenty bucks .
That and their tripod mount ($10) might work ?

Tripod mount will screw to bottom of camera , then attach mount to suction cup and then attach cup to bike on fairing .

That's for the GoPro to mount to a tripod, not the other way around.

lol that would work....I was thinking of attaching it by way of some kind of mount to the frame slider. that would seem like an ideal spot with what i have to work with....

Keith tried something similar

IMG_0072_900.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Here's the frame mount. Note what you don't see in this pic is the weight of the arm, camera, & ram balls easily overpowers the mount.

jesterchris_SideMount.jpg

bmw_mirror_mounted.jpg

jesterchris_SideMount.jpg

bmw_mirror_mounted.jpg

IMG_0072_900.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

That's for the GoPro to mount to a tripod, not the other way around.

Truwrecks the tripod mount from GoPro will attach to the suction cup if you flip it upside down.
Then all you need is a short length threaded rod.
Screw that into tripod mount and then screw camera to other end.

Take one of these...and flip it upside down...
GOPRO-HERO-TRIPOD-MOUNT.gif

Thread something like this into it..
threaded_rod.png

Attach upside down tripod mount to suction cup right
where you see this top thumb screw...
gopro_suction_cup.jpg

And then screw your camera onto piece of threaded rod sticking out of tripod mount.
Then fix cup wherever you can.

Would this not work ?

Since the mounts are directional (non-reversible) on the GoPro mounts the screws that secure the hinge would not be long enough, and the nut would exist on both ones if you tried flipping the connection around. You would have to cut the nut retaining arm off of the camera mount to allow it to connect onto the suction cup. Even if that was done the single suction cup won't be string enough to hold a camera that is heavier than a GoPro for more than a few miles per hour before sliding and falling off.

I would suggest the Gecko mount or a ram mount extender attached to a triple tree stem mount or ball mount. The ram mount arms come in several different lengths.

The nuts just come right out and are only held in by tension.
There is one screw that comes with it long enough as well .
But it seems like a not so secure mount because as you say the extra weight so I guess it would not work so well .

Back