Need Tire Help

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
I posted this question earlier but it was buried deep in a thread and no one has chimed in so I thought I'd try this.

I need some tires and there is a really good offer by Cycle Gear for Perelli Diablo SS tires.

I did some surfing around to see just how good the deal is and no one out there seems to match the price. Since I am not a high ouput rider the tires should meet my needs.

The question is can I just order by size or is there a special designation for Busa tires?
Several sites that I checked listed the sizes in their pull down menus but they had another designation; "P" for Hayabusa tires.
Here is one such site:
http://www.tiresunlimited.com/display....blo.htm

They list 190/70ZR17 tires then there is the same size with the "P" (Hayabusa designation) thing in there and the price is higher!

Long question short....
Can I just order front and back tires by size or do Busas for some reason require a special tire?
rock.gif
?

Thanks!

Busa's are the heaviest true sport bike out there. They are also the fastest. Tires need to operate flawlessly at maximum load ( Power and Weight). Regular motorcycle tires WILL work AS LONG AS ... a) you are a lighter weight individual b) Don't ride 2 up c) Do not exceed 140 mph. Is the price difference drastic or just a 10 spot or so? your link went to an empty shopping cart.

Is this the page? the above link carried me to an empty cart......

link to pirelli

Don't know what the T and P mean
rock.gif

sad.gif

those prices don't look that great to me, either.

Guido, The "T" is for the Triumph 600 spec tire and the "P" is for the Busa Spec tire. Yes, Comparatively speaking to the Cycle Gear deal those prices suck.

YH2K, I would recommend calling Cycle Gear and point blank ask them if the special tire deal prices apply to the heavier duty Busa "P" Spec tire. If I'm not mistaken, last time it was the same price, you just had to ask for it.

Thanks folks!

Sorry for the bad link....

Yes, I do ride two up quite a bit and with me at 210 and the wife at....... ok, I dont know...

Last night when I was about to hit the 'send' button to order the tires I thought about calling the outfit but figured it was probably closed. I thought better of it, did not place the order and wanted to ask you guys about this.

I'll wait til Monday am and call them about this before I order!

All that said, I did read an article that Perelli tires are lighter than most, this because of the materials they use so it stands to reason that they might make a beffier tire for the Busa....

Thanks again!!!

been through about 8 different tire types and brands now and have only run a 'P' spec once in the HPX tire. Twice if you count the OEM BT56. never experienced any issues with NON hayabusa spec tires in any riding situation: street, cruise, drag, race track, 2 up, gravel ;) the few things I've heard/read tell me the 'P' specs have a little more tread on them [adding some minor weight] and extra cost. That's what I use, but I am only a rider, not a Suzuki Engineer so consider the source
biggrin.gif

It's a motorcycle not a space shuttle. Just because a tire isn't "rated" for a certain bike doesn't mean much in the real world. For example go onto Metzelers website. In their product selector if you put in a hayabusa you get one tire choice, their M1. a good tire in its own right but getting a bit dated. Now put in a ZX14. They offer three different tires (M1, M3, Z6) up for that bike. A bike which is arguably equal to or harder on tires than a Busa. What does that tell you? Hell if I know, but if the tire is the right size, modern construction and you run it at a decent pressure your going to be OK! There are a hell of a lot of really decent tires out there that aren't "rated" for the Busa. People on here rave about em all the time.

BTW the M3's transformed my Busa!!!

Charles at Street and Track hooked me up with tires at a better price than that. They weren't Perelli's , but PM him, he's a board sponsor here.

(BusaWhipped @ Oct. 14 2006,11:37) Charles at Street and Track hooked me up with tires at a better price than that.   They weren't Perelli's , but PM him, he's a board sponsor here.
Thanks BW!!!

I'll shoot him a PM now.

$170.00 for front and back Perellis seems like a tough price to beat. I am waiting on a response from Cycle Gear regarding the "P" designation piece - without that they wont see much from me.

Hope to see yas again in April!

looking for mirrors for busa that you can see without moving to tje side . i heard about extention . are just longer mirrors

(YH2K @ Oct. 14 2006,18:29)
(BusaWhipped @ Oct. 14 2006,11:37) Charles at Street and Track hooked me up with tires at a better price than that.   They weren't Perelli's , but PM him, he's a board sponsor here.
Thanks BW!!!

I'll shoot him a PM now.

$170.00 for front and back Perellis seems like a tough price to beat. I am waiting on a response from Cycle Gear regarding the "P" designation piece - without that they wont see much from me.

Hope to see yas again in April!
I'll be there. With cameras on
smile.gif
Hope the weather is better in April.

(rfowler @ Oct. 16 2006,11:19) looking for mirrors for busa that you can see without moving to tje side . i heard about extention . are just longer mirrors
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Welcome aboard!

To find information, you usually don't want to post up in the middle of a thread, threads are basically about one topic and they tend to get ignored. You can start a new thread or use the "Search" button at the top of the page to find a ton of info already posted in the last seven years.
smile.gif

Back