Need the boards input.

NCBusa2001

Registered
I posted last month looking for advice regarding buying a jet ski. There has been alot of hym-hawing and discussions with the wife about buying one. We have decided to take the plunge, so to speak.

Here's what we a probably picking up tomorrow.

http://www.sea-doo.net/units/2006/GTX%20LTD%20Spec%20Sheet.pdf

It's a brand NEW left over 2006 with 0 hours. The dealer has it advertised for $7995.

I've researched them a bit and have read some negative things about seadoo and also a bunch of positive. Most of the internet posts appear to be written by 12 year olds though. Kind of hard to tell if your getting an "adult" opinion. Hence the question for the board.

Does anybody think that I'm going to regret buying a SeaDoo? Much less a 215HP intercooled supercharged couch on water.
smile.gif

What do y`all think?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Sea-doos are good boats. Just be sure to follow the owners manual when dealing with break in and maintenance. Be sure to get a jet flusher (hooks up to your garden hose) and use it everytime you ride the ski. Preferably use it at the boat ramp when you come out of the water. Do some reading on maintenance and you will be great. I still recommened a safe boating class
cool.gif
. You have a good time. Congradulations and don't forget pics. here's a couple sites for gear in case your new to boating. westmarine.com, boatus.com

Sea-doos are good boats. Just be sure to follow the owners manual when dealing with break in and maintenance.  Be sure to get a jet flusher (hooks up to your garden hose) and use it everytime you ride the ski.  Preferably use it at the boat ramp when you come out of the water.  Do some reading on maintenance and you will be great.  I still recommened a safe boating class  
cool.gif
.  You have a good time.  Congradulations and don't forget pics.  here's a couple sites for gear in case your new to boating.  westmarine.com, boatus.com
Yup the after riding maintenance is key, my neighbor across the street has one and let me tell you DO THE MAINTENANCE he found that out the hard way, good luck bro....sooooo when can we come down and test drive it?
rock.gif

My Bro has the 255hp '07 model w/stg 2 kit in it. Let me tell ya what, these MF's fly. 90 mph on the water is insane fast. I think yours will do around 70-72 mph. He loves his. Only problem I know of is getting the aftermarket screen installed over the intake. He fodded his impeller the 2nd time out with crap that got through the stock screen. And like all others have said, follow break-in, and maintenance...

Chris the GTX Ltd is a great Ski bro but do let me say this when starting the ski do it in atleast chest deep water the Jet Pump on the Seadoo Supercharged skis are strong and we have had to repair a ton of seadoo skis because people just pull them off the trailer and start them and get crap sucked in the jet pump and it screws up your wear rings and puts undo stress on the ski and cause undo down time along with head aches. Also getting the regular services on your ski is very important. Also I do not know were you are going to use the ski but the less you put it in salt water the better off you are.

Back