Need someone in DFW area to change the mileage on their odometer

krsimulis

Registered
Im finally about to get another Busa, people keep stealing them, go figure. Anyway, I had been doing mileage correction for cars and bikes, specifically Hayabusas but I don't have a video for youtube and I need one. So im looking for someone in the DFW who needs their mileage corrected so I can record it.

I can come to where your at and do it or you can come to me, either one. It will only take 30 or so minutes and I won't charge you for this. Im going to start offering this service more but I need the video of it first. bligidy.com is me.

Send me a message or give me a call, Im looking for some accords and civics, and toyotas for the same thing
thanks
K

Some people use it for that, but its for people who have to buy a new cluster and put their mileage back where its suppose to be. Or wen someone jumps their car or bike and flaashed the EEPROM storing the mileage. It happens less often because most peole don't know, when you put a new motor in or rebuild yours, you can reset it back to zero or whatever the new engine has.

Oh I see sounds handy then but makes you wonder how many people do it before they sell there bike and screw people over

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That's what I thought, even if you did a complete rebuild and have 0 miles on internals you post you have a 07 busa with 0 miles somebody is going to think something is up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I know of people who do that to get the mileage up on their novated lease vehicles, so they won't have to pay a tax surcharge.

It is illegal to tamper with the odometer ready regardless of what your reason is.

so my 2002 could have 100 miles on it again? :laugh:Even with a complete engine rebuild the rest of the bike isn't being rebuilt...:poke:

There are legal and legitimate reasons for resetting the mileage on an odometer. If you are replacing a broken cluster, for example, the odometer is supposed to be set to the same mileage as the original cluster. However, the shops certified to do this are normally very protective of the process. A YouTube video to let every used bike seller reset odometers doesn't sound like a good idea.

There are legal and legitimate reasons for resetting the mileage on an odometer. If you are replacing a broken cluster, for example, the odometer is supposed to be set to the same mileage as the original cluster. However, the shops certified to do this are normally very protective of the process. A YouTube video to let every used bike seller reset odometers doesn't sound like a good idea.

no cuz then the average joe could run the **** out of his bike up to 25000 miles, resest the odometer, hit the fairings with some pledge:whistle: and say hes got a 06 busa with 3500 miles on it garage kept for 6000 dollars, then little ol me buys it, ride it home and the tranny falls out and the piston shoots through the casing terminating my block, and then i have no leg to stand on cause none of makes sense to anybody cuz it only had 3500mi on it:banghead:

Shady shady. There are legal reasons like others mentioned but they have to be documented with the bill of sale on the title to be legal. I lost my job at a custom shop for saying no to reducing odometers and "renewing" VINs. 10k fines if I remember right and felony.

You don't need a youtube video to do it, the equipment to do it is for sale everywhere and its not hard to do. I do it all the time and everyone has to fill out the paperwork to have it done. Ive destroyed two clusters on my bike and one in my car from someone jumping it with the wires backward. Its alot more common then you think. The legal stipulation is you have to disclose to the buyer that it is not the original gauge cluster even if you set the miles back to the original. If you go to a place like Detroit, and I know this because I talked to a guy there, there are people who do it for cars like people waiting in line for gas. On most cars you don't need to do anything but plug into the OBD port and type in a new number. Search for the Tacho Pro on youtube or whatever. I prefer to do bikes because they are more likely to be legitimate replacements then people lowering there mileage. Even when they sign the disclaimer saying they will discloe to the sller, that doesn't mean they do that. I do it locally around here when it comes up but want to offer it around the country. People send me their Honda's and Toyotas every day.

I sell the equipment and get questions so I have been trying to put more info online so I can stop getting so many questions. The scary part is the amount of car dealerships that buy the equipment from me.
Kenny

Why would you want to make a video and put it on Youtube for free, If you are doing it for a living?

Bah, take your 11 posts and screw someone else. I aint buyin it and I don't care what your reasoning or excuses are. Crap like this is what screws over the good and honest folks. If you have nothing to hide, then there is no reason to change your odometer.

Bah, take your 11 posts and screw someone else. I aint buyin it and I don't care what your reasoning or excuses are. Crap like this is what screws over the good and honest folks. If you have nothing to hide, then there is no reason to change your odometer.

:laugh:

Welcometoblueguages.com offers this as a legal service for replacing or repairing damaged clusters. They can usually retrive mileage from a damaged cluster and transfer it to a new or used one. They work within the many laws to make sure it's disclosed and done legally. They also require the title(s) to keep anyone from getting screwed.

Back