Need some quick help, org member stuck with problems

Hey all, Mr. Droo is stuck at my house after he pulled his seat off last night and got a spark, shorting his bike out and making it unable to maintain a charge.

That being said, we have a new battery in it and heres what it is doing:

as soon as the key is turned, the oil light is blinking and other than that the bike does nothing.

this is with a new battery in- - last night we jumped it off a car twice, but as soon as the throttle was let off it would immediately stall.

any ideas? is this a code I don't know about?

Colton

we are pulling off the rear section as we speak, but last night when the problem started he says he checked them all- and all were good.

Could it be the ECU? With the short happening something was shorted out in that. Don't know if you can try yours in his bike to see if that's the problem.

fuses are good, relay is good.

really would rather not take my bike apart to fix his - call me a scaredy cat.

fuses were swapped out, no fix.

Arent there some relays under the seat near the battery? Did you also check those under the front left inner panel by the fuse box?

not the ecu, and now my bike is fking up.

took off my ECU and now I get a needle flicker when battery is hooked, and all lights start on key turn, but the engine just makes a nasty attempt at rolling when pulled in.

battery is reading 12 volts.

someone that knows a bit about bikes want to give us a call and help troubleshoot? Drew is without a ride home unless we can get his working, and now mine is having a field day too since I starting tinkering > <

(440) 665 8532

ok the starter attempts to engage... Makes a little chirping sound.. But no actual engage of starter ..

okay so heres the whole story for mine---

started it up normally, no issue. I then realized that when I was pissed off about my chinese LED's and I cut all the wires going to them off my bike, I also accidentally cut the power wire for my power commander.

the power commander has been spliced in to the injectors, but hasnt been on for over a month (and has still run fine this way)

here is where my stupid self goes wrong:

I falsely assume the power commander wire that goes to the battery is placed onto the positive lead, which is wrong- I attempt to start the bike and get a curdling noise from my ignition.

I compare mine against drews and tie the lead down to the negative, and now it is doing the same thing every time:

key turn will start the HID, light up all electronics, but as soon as you hit the ignition it makes that first split second chirp that you hear like it is about to turn the engine and then doesn't do anything.

I have the battery disconnected until tomorrow, at which time I'll check the relay.

If the ignition is still making that split second little chirp, is there even any chance a fuse is blown? or would this be more of a relay / starter issue?

any advice is appreciated.

-troubled

So, putting my seat back on last night 50 miles from home, I didn't get it straight and sparks everywhere! No dash no power.

Could I have internally fried my new motobatt?

Colton's battery fired my bike right up tonight... BB then looked at me like, "whats up? Where have you been? I just had a bad dream like I died and you were trying to revive me".

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Peregrine, u may have picked up a gremlin from your buddies ecu...don't understand how..but here is my thought...since you have a powercommander you probably had a map on it...can you reflash your ecu with that map (restore it)? just my thoughts..and it really really sucks when you try and help a buddy and you get sucked down the same rat hole of a mess...best of luck to the two of you..

Back