Need Some of this Zaino Stuff

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
ALright, I give up. I have been a Meguiar's man all my life, but not I want some of this Zaino. Can I just go and get it at an auto parts store or what?

Everyone on here that uses it talks as if it is Crack or something. I am willin to give it the Pespi Challenge.

So let a brother know where to get some. Is there like some underground Zaino spot or soemthing?

You have to get it online. Here's the website <a href="http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc">Zaino<a>

Strangely enough I was just reading the site when you posted this. I am going to order the "total protection" kit as it has everything you need to start the Zaino addiction. FYI!!
cool.gif

Lol... Comparing it to a crack addiction is prolly not that far of in my case actually.
biggrin.gif

Too late. I pulled the trigger and ordered it. How long will it take to receive, B.T.?

What is the B.T., guaranteed satisfaction application method?

Yeah, I think that I'm going to protect my new paint job with this stuff. If BT says it's GREAT, then you can't go wrong.

Too late. I pulled the trigger and ordered it. How long will it take to receive, B.T.?

What is the B.T., guaranteed satisfaction application method?
Application secrets...

Dampen the applicator pad with Z6. Just mist it, no need to drench it. Lubes the pad a little and helps get thin, even coats.

Less is more... It will take a while to get a feel for just enough Zaino to get a coat without overdoing it. It goes a long way, though. Zaino says one bottle of Z2 will do a corvette like 20 times. If you use too much you're just throwin' money away. THIN, EVEN COATS!

Apply it as the FAQ says. Back anf forth motions, not circular motions. Top to bottom motions on the vertical surfaces and front to back motions on the horizontal surfaces. Wipe off in the same manner...

Wipe down with Z6 between coats if you do more than one coat back to back... and ALWAYS finish with a Z6 wipe down, even after a wash. Again, less is more. You want to mist it on the panel and buff it off with a cotton towel. No need to have the panel dripping with it. A light mist works best...

If you over apply the polish or the Z6 simply spritz the surface with water and buff with a dry cotton towel, or wipe with a damp towel and then buff with a dry one...

Don't forget to wash with Dawn before the first coat...

If I think of more I'll post 'em up.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109622411 -->

I just ordered too!!!
Yeah!! I'm a crackhead too I guess!

OK..... feelin like a dumb arse..

The Z14 plastic scratch products... I have an 01 and you probably have seen pics of it before. Pretty much babied. Do I need to use any Z14 before using the Zkit-1? Or upon using the included stuff in the Zkit-1 does it pretty much do away with any scratches you would have seen otherwise? I guess I dont want to enhance my paint as well as any scratches Im not seeing at the moment?

Thanks if anyone can help.
JD

if your paint looks good (free of scratches and swirls) then you can just get ZFX, z-2, and z6 to start out. Z-5 will fill minor scratches or swirls but the best way is to remove them with a polish

"Although popular internet myth may have you believe that Zaino Z5 can magically remove swirl marks, the unfortunate truth is it only hides minor swirls (emphasis on "minor").  For this reason, Z5 Show Car Polish is an excellent base coat on black paint, but it's not a substitute for polishing.  All paint finishes require occasional polishing to remove blemishes, oxidation and swirl marks.  You can mask and hide these problems for a while, but not for ever."...http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109644332 -->

if your paint looks good (free of scratches and swirls) then you can just get ZFX, z-2, and z6 to start out. Z-5 will fill minor scratches or swirls but the best way is to remove them with a polish

"Although popular internet myth may have you believe that Zaino Z5 can magically remove swirl marks, the unfortunate truth is it only hides minor swirls (emphasis on "minor"). For this reason, Z5 Show Car Polish is an excellent base coat on black paint, but it's not a substitute for polishing. All paint finishes require occasional polishing to remove blemishes, oxidation and swirl marks. You can mask and hide these problems for a while, but not for ever."...http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html
Exactly... Zaino contains NO abrasives and therefore cannot "remove" paint damage. Z5 does an excellent job of filling minor swirls, but if your paint has deep swirls or real scratches/blemishes you need to start out with a mild abrasive polish (I like 3M's stuff) and then move to Zaino.
wink.gif

don't forget to clay your bikes... clay works wonders
cool.gif

Southside I really want your opinion on the Zaino.I still use the Mequiars 3 step stuff and have also use Zaino on my Busa. It looks good when its done but does it look better than the 3 step I just dont feel it does. If you go through all the steps that Zaino wants you to do and you do the same with Mequairs I cant tell the difference.

used some on a buds new Black Audi on his quarter panel to see if it would clear up some scratches.....by the time I was done it looked like he had been in an accident and the quarter panel was completely re-done. Really was alot more shinier then the rest of the freshly washed car:)
I placed an order for him while the second coat was drying.:laugh:

Back