need some more advice

burnschevy

Player
Donating Member
Registered
Ok which works the best, easiest to install, need to get some by next thurs, any board sponser got em..??? and do they really make that much difference, I had gotten use to my bike about 3000 miles, then I lowered the rear 2'' and ever since (about 500 miles) my wrist have been killing me after only about 50 miles. I thought lowering the rear would have help some, not sure what going on... also if Genmar is the way to go, which ones the 3/4 or 1 1/4
rock.gif
? help!!!!!

I've got the 1 1/4 Genmars. Lowered the backend an inch and these helped. Love them.
Quick install, 4 bolts, push it in there, replace 4 bolts.
I did have to reroute my idle cable, as it was pulled to it's maximum.

So 1 vote for Genmars.

The Helibars worked well for me. I did have to move the idle cable, but it was no big deal.

(Juggler @ May 18 2007,06:50) The Helibars worked well for me.  I did have to move the idle cable, but it was no big deal.
+1 and it's NO PROBLEM. If you need more heigth maybe you need both, but then you'll need longer cables for everything. Of course StreetnTrack can help you with cable length, because he sure did me  
beerchug.gif

I've had the 1 1/4" GenMar riser on my Busa for two years now. It makes a big difference on long rides.

However, lowering the rear and adding risers won't do much to help your wrists. You need to fix your riding posture. Your weight should be carried by your legs, back, and abdomen, not your arms, wrists, and hands.

(LadyHawk @ May 18 2007,09:48) I've got the 1 1/4 Genmars. Lowered the backend an inch and these helped. Love them.
Quick install, 4 bolts, push it in there, replace 4 bolts.
I did have to reroute my idle cable, as it was pulled to it's maximum.

So 1 vote for Genmars.
yeah the Genmars are looking like the cheaper and quicker... still taking more advice.......

reapers risers are less than $40 (I have 1 1/4)
I raised the back 1" and lowered the front 1/2 " and my wrists still don't hurt

(xzvs @ May 18 2007,10:10) reapers risers are less than $40 (I have 1 1/4)
hey now thats sounds like a good price where can i find those at?

(burnschevy @ May 18 2007,10:14)
I didn't like the Reapers because they leave a big space between the triple tree and the fork-thingy. Genmars look like part of the bike..

Just my .02

i just installed the 1.25 genmar risers and did the buell footpeg mod last saturday on my new 06. for me it made the difference between not being able to ride my new busa and being able to ride. feels great now. i am very satisfied. i struggled with the same questions you're having right now. heli-bars,genmar risers, a combination of both. finally decided to just go with the 1.25 genmar risers to maintain the integrity of the "sport bike" look as much as possible. i've seen some pics of bars that look like "ape hangers" on a busa and i didn't want to go there. the 1.25 genmar risers alone look good and work great as far as i'm concernered. if it's not enough you can always go to one of those ape hanger configurations like convertibars until you get it "right". try the genmar risers first-my advice.

(LadyHawk @ May 18 2007,10:18)
I didn't like the Reapers because they leave a big space between the triple tree and the fork-thingy. Genmars look like part of the bike..

Just my .02
I notice on your pic on another post you had a double bubble, did you have any clearance problems with the factory windscreen when you put on the Genmar?

(burnschevy @ May 18 2007,10:58)
(LadyHawk @ May 18 2007,10:18)

Just my .02
I notice on your pic on another post you had a double bubble, did you have any clearance problems with the factory windscreen when you put on the Genmar?
The brake reservoirs clear the DB, but if you have your thumb resting on the on/off switch, it's gonna get pinched.

I took off about an inch on both sides of the shield, just in case. Cuz I'm clumsy like that.  
wink.gif

*edit: Oh duh.. you asked about the factory shield. I had the DB on before I did the Genmar, so I don't know about the factory shield. Sorry.

OK couldnt wait, bought straight from the factory, thanks for all of the help and advice
beerchug.gif
, will post pics when they come in next tuesday, thanks again...

Genmar 1 1/4 here. I didn't want the gap either. Gonna add Heli just to see if I like more. Not sure about the brake lines being long enough for both.

Back