NEED SOME INSIGHT!

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I have a 13 US sized foot, but the Alpinestars SMX boots only come in a 12.5 or 13.5.

Anyone been in the same sizing situation as this?

The Alpinestars are considered to be roomy, but which one would be a better fit, 12.5 or 13.5?

Thanks.

Have you tried on both sizes
rock.gif

(BA BUSA @ Nov. 15 2006,08:50) Have you tried on both sizes
rock.gif
No, I'm putting together my X-Mas list. Nearby dealers don't have the ones I'm interested in.

remember... FL feet get hot...

Find somebody in the area and road trip over on a Saturday instead of riding those 10 curves in the back country.

beerchug.gif
You are buying in January!

(CorrodedAlien @ Nov. 15 2006,08:58) remember...  FL feet get hot...

Find somebody in the area and road trip over on a Saturday instead of riding those 10 curves in the back country.

beerchug.gif
What's up buddy!

Yeah, my X-MAS shoppers, err, Santa, are on me for my list. Don't have time to make the trip to someplace 50 miles away before the weekend.

Let me know when you're in town for January. You gonna have a bike by chance?

(vman1300 @ Nov. 15 2006,09:02) With all apperal and boots you need to try them on to be sure.
Yeah, I was just hoping someone else was a tweener size as well and could tell me if the larger/smaller size worked for them.

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 15 2006,08:56)
rock.gif
No, I'm putting together my X-Mas list.  Nearby dealers don't have the ones I'm interested in.
Doesn't matter what size we recommend is my point...get your AZZ out there and try a pair on  
poke.gif

(BA BUSA @ Nov. 15 2006,09:32)
(Over_Easy @ Nov. 15 2006,08:56)
rock.gif
No, I'm putting together my X-Mas list.  Nearby dealers don't have the ones I'm interested in.
Doesn't matter what size we recommend is my point...get your AZZ out there and try a pair on  
poke.gif
laugh.gif
I've called about 10 places...found one pair of SMX-Plus boots in a 48/12.5 (largest they make).

I just hope the Plus fits the same as the SMX-R and SMX-4.

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 15 2006,12:07)
(vman1300 @ Nov. 15 2006,09:02) With all apperal and boots you need to try them on to be sure.
Yeah, I was just hoping someone else was a tweener size as well and could tell me if the larger/smaller size worked for them.
I wear a 13 myself and can fit in boots from 47 to 49 euro or from 12 to 13.5 US.

I have seen the size be different between the same brand, just a different boot.

I have a old pair of Alpinestar GP boots that are 48 is I remember correctly.

cycle gear carriers the model.....we have a couple of them local....I think both Barney's and Power Sports has them as well.

there's nobody worth a damn way up by you....
all_coholic.gif

size 13 us is a 49 euro and my boots fit well and i am a true 13us size. i also have wide feet and these boots weren't narrow. they are alpinestars but i can't remember what model. i paid about $140 for them. yeah, it's the cheaper version of the smx models but it works and it's waterproof.

alp_gps3_boots_wtrprf_bk.gif

(BusaCruise @ Nov. 15 2006,15:46) cycle gear carriers the model.....we have a couple of them local....I think both Barney's and Power Sports has them as well.

there's nobody worth a damn way up by you....  
all_coholic.gif
Went to Cycle Gear to try on the SMX Plus in a 48=12.5. Just a hair tight on my right foot after about 5 minutes...which means I likely need the 49=13.5 in the SMX-4 since the SMX-R's largest size is the 48=12.5.

Just hope they fit the same.

(Schism @ Nov. 15 2006,17:16) size 13 us is a 49 euro and my boots fit well and i am a true 13us size. i also have wide feet and these boots weren't narrow.   they are alpinestars but i can't remember what model.  i paid about $140 for them.  yeah, it's the cheaper version of the smx models but it works and it's waterproof.
Thanks, Alpinestars actually has the 49 listed as a 13.5 US. Would rather have it a tad larger than smaller...can always wear a thick sock or use an insole.

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 15 2006,20:27)
(Schism @ Nov. 15 2006,17:16) size 13 us is a 49 euro and my boots fit well and i am a true 13us size. i also have wide feet and these boots weren't narrow.   they are alpinestars but i can't remember what model.  i paid about $140 for them.  yeah, it's the cheaper version of the smx models but it works and it's waterproof.
Thanks, Alpinestars actually has the 49 listed as a 13.5 US.  Would rather have it a tad larger than smaller...can always wear a thick sock or use an insole.
o.e. if that is the case and you normally wear a 13 than your all set. the only drawback to my boots is the calf area. they allow alot of space for the leathers to be tucked in which makes them bulky for wearing riding pants on the outside.. good luck!

(CorrodedAlien @ Nov. 15 2006,11:58) remember...  FL feet get hot...

beerchug.gif
Hey . . .

I took ya on the tour . . .

There was 11 curves!!!  
tounge.gif

And one LEO
wow.gif

How ya been? I still have that RC available if ya do
head back this way.

pirate.gif
Raider out
P1519

Okay , let me tell you the real deal . I wear a size 13 also and though that maybe I could get by with the Alpinestar SMX in a 12.5 ..........I was wrong . Get the 13.5 if they have one . Its not like your going to be jogging in the boots and the extra room will be more comfortable . The 12.5 would gnaw at my little toe all day long .

Back