need some info pleazzzz....

willgetbusa

Registered
hi guys, newbie here. i'm looking to buy a unrestricted busa. i'm sure this topic has been discussed in the past but can anyone help me with the recall issues with the 99 and 00 busas. also, can anyone tell when exactly did the speed restriction started because i've heard stories of people buying the 00 busa and thought it wasn't restricted but it was. i thought the restriction started with the 01 model. i will also try to search those topics on this board to see if i can find the answers but any help would be appreciated.

The 99 and 00 Busas are NOT restricted!
Didn't think that the 01s were either.
I have 2, 2000 Busas. They are NOT restricted...........

WELCOME!
biggrin.gif

First off any Busa can be un-restricted. All it takes is a .5$ resistor or a $70 TRE!

Officially the 99-00 Busas were the only years un-restricted from the factory but like I said any year can be.

I would just go buy the one you want depending how much you want to spend. I would just recommend buying NEW and not deal with the recall or service TSB's!

Josh
cool.gif

I have to agree with Got-Busa any Busa can be de-restricted, just the matter of know who and what to buy. With the guys on the board you shouldn.t have any problems with that.
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the board
Recalls:
99's fuel pump(not sure about the details)
99's and 00's Cam Chain Tensionier.
Other then that just check the subframe where I attaches to the main frame under the seat for cracks. In 01(?) they switched from aluminium to steal but never recalled them. Some people have had theirs crack. I have an 00 and have had no problems with it and that includes one wreck.

Welcome to the board
Recalls:
99's fuel pump(not sure about the details)
99's and 00's Cam Chain Tensionier.
Other then that just check the subframe where I attaches to the main frame under the seat for cracks.  In 01(?) they switched from aluminium to steal but never recalled them.  Some people have had theirs crack.  I have an 00 and have had no problems with it and that includes one wreck.
thanks for all the inputs guys. after reading a few threads about the TRE and ATRE, i still prefer the naturally unrestricted 99 and 00 busas. i also prefer having the 220 speedo and the bike going over 190 mph w/o any alteration . another question, are the subframes interchangeable? because if the aluminum subframes tend to crack under stress than i would have to replace it with the newer one. i plan to slap a pair of hard bags on the busa too once i get it. thanks again!

There have only been a handfull of subframe failures, but it DOES happen.
YES,
They do interchange. It's a direct replacement and you can usually pick 1 up for $100-$150.
The failures are on bikes that have a 4-1 header installed.
Suzuki claims that the stock(2 muffler) exhaust is part of the structure of the sub frame and removing the stock exhaust causes this to happen.
Take that for what it's worth.

There have only been a handfull of subframe failures, but it DOES happen.
YES,
They do interchange. It's a direct replacement and you can usually pick 1 up for $100-$150.
The failures are on bikes that have a 4-1 header installed.
Suzuki claims that the stock(2 muffler) exhaust is part of the structure of the sub frame and removing the stock exhaust causes this to happen.
Take that for what it's worth.
cool, thanks.

<span style='color:chocolate'>Hey wouldn't worry about the restriction, all it take is a 70$ part and 5min. My man has a 2003, went to the shop got the clip on and put it on in the parking lot. 10min later he was load up the rpms with me on my 99.</span><span style='color:crimson'>Don't worry buy which ever one you want!!</span>
race.gif

<span style='color:chocolate'>Hey wouldn't worry about the restriction, all it take is a 70$ part and 5min. My man has a 2003, went to the shop got the clip on and put it on in the parking lot.  10min later he was load up the rpms with me on my 99.</span><span style='color:crimson'>Don't worry buy which ever one you want!!</span>
race.gif
Don't worry about the restriction until you max the bike out anyway. Lot harder to hit a true 200mmph then you think. Once you max out the bike and get a feel for it then take off the restriction. Saves worrying about it right now. Just get the bike you want in the color and year you want. nThe rest will follow.

Back