need some help...

haydennd

Registered
just got my set of swingarm extensions from ATC yesterday, had to retap one of the holes cause the threads were jacked but all in all looks like a pretty good product. i'm getting ready to install them prob this weekend and i was wondering if any of you guys or gals had a walkthrough from when you did it. got the new brake line, new chain, chain tool. looks like it would be pretty easy but i just want to make sure it goes smooth. any help you guys could give would be awesome!

2 questions How long are the extensions and is the bike going to be lowered?
I use Roaring Toys bolt on ext on my 08 . They can go back to 8" extended but becuz mine is lowered I can only go back 5". If I go back anymore the tire would hit the taillight.
I have ordered a 6" extended tail from Airtech so I can go back all the way. One other concern I had was when I read the intructions for the ext. there wasnt a torque spec for the bolts. I called R/T and the said there wasnt a spec for that and I could just tighten it till I felt it was tight enuff. I wound up torqing them to 30 ft lbs and also used blue locktite as at some point I mite want to remove them. If ya have anymore ?? let me know.

atc stuff is nice and you cant beat the price!!

You can just spin the brake line from the master instead of buying a new one,but a braided line is better..

pretty easy to do,make sure you use loctite ( I also use blue)on the bolts that hold them on..you will also have to cut off or remove if its a gen 2 busa rear fender..and cut and reweld your kickstand or get a adjustable one along with lowering dogbones..

I would say a small but good tip is after You get the extensions on,have someone help You put the rear stand on the extensions,not the stock arm,once the rim goes back on removing the rear stand is hard to say the least if its still on the arm in stock wb postion!!

And I would also say get a good/new chain I recommend tsubaki sigma nickel plated,dont add links and 2 masters!!

heres a set of theirs on My giggy,just used them till I get a arm..

SA400109.jpg

Last edited:
and here is the right. my question is, where do i put the brake on? it didnt come with any kind of bracket. i know this side has a longer plate, is that where it goes?

IMG00095.jpg

The longer holding bracket (seen in your last pic)has a groove to hold the slot on the caliper hanger...

Back