Need Some Help with stalling 05 Busa

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
2005 Busa with 989 miles. Rode 300 miles yesterday and then another 100 today. While turning around in a parking lot it just shut off on me. This happened twice. Then while I was downshifiting with the clutch in coming to a stop it did it again. The gauges and lights were still on but the motor just shut off. Hit the starter button and fired right back to life with no problems. Is this a common problem? I checked all three times and kickstand was up all the way. Any suggestions?

1100 RPM should be fine....does it stall when its cold or when its warmed up.
rock.gif

Definately check your idle RPM's. Especially newer bikes getting their first few miles put on em the idle adjuster drops. It's a common problem you will find. If this doesn't seem to fix the problem dude my advice is get that puppy back to ZUK asap and tell them hey somethings the deal here. With 900 miles on it let them worry about it cuz it's their problem

By the way man I forget to ask and I am not trying to be insulting and it's prolly a dumb question but you aren't accidentally hitting your kill switch are ya?

LOL... Kill switch was definatley not hit... I will look more into it and take it back to the dealer if it continues. I have a 5 year warranty on it and have a friend at the dealer, so I guess it can be their problem for the next 5 years
smile.gif
I just didn't want it to shut off while I was powering around a corner, that would not be fun. Thanks for all of your help so far. I appreciate it.

oil has nothing to do with it. Was your engine cold... the busa does shut down like that if the engine is cold! I generally keep the choke on for the first half mile or so when I start my busa in the mornings... it really helps
biggrin.gif

No, it was at full opr. temperature. I had been riding for 2 hours before it shut down.

By the way man I forget to ask and I am not trying to be insulting and it's prolly a dumb question but you aren't accidentally hitting your kill switch are ya?
That's not a dumb question, I've done that more than once on my 05 with just under 400 miles. It seems to happen when I'm backing up the bike or moving it around in the driveway. I also keep beeping my horn when I shut of my turn signal!! The Busa horn button is about where the Buell turn signal switch is.

Definitel the idle. I had the same problem with my 04 and then I readjusted the idle and the problem went away.

Whatever it turns out to be , id appreciate it if you let us know what it was.

thanks

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: "spellling"|1113231727 -->

Mine new 2003 with only 2,800 miles is doing the exact same thing. I plan on having it looked at when I take it in for my 4k oil change and checkup.

Haven't had a chance to talk to the dealer yet. I will try bumping the idle up a little bit. I noticed today when I started it, it was idling between 1100 and 900 slightly back and forth as it chugged. I will let you know if I find the problem.

Haven't had a chance to talk to the dealer yet.  I will try bumping the idle up a little bit.  I noticed today when I started it, it was idling between 1100 and 900 slightly back and forth as it chugged.  I will let you know if I find the problem.
If your idle is bouncing between 1100-900-1100, thats your problem. Set it between 1100-1200 RPM
biggrin.gif

I won't touch anything actually, it could void your warranty besides, most Busa owners aren't mechanics. Take it to the shop and have them check it out.

Zeth

Back