need some help with my second hand busa

willgetbusa

Registered
there seem to be a very, very slow oil leak under the left side of the busa in the kick stand area. looks like it's coming from the shifter area but i'm not sure. any suggestions, comments or has anyone had oil leak in that area with their bikes? also the key(not the original) that came with the bike doesn't turn to the parking light position on the ignition but it works on everything else i.e., on position, handle bar lock position, gas cap, trunk lock, etc. will a genuine key from suzuki work if i order one from them or could it be wear and tear of the ignition? any help would be appreciated! in case you want to know, it's a 99 model. thanks!

I'm not sure about the oil leak but to get your parking light on you have to push the key down while in the off position then turn it. This is to keep you for turning the light on by mistake. It doesn't always work that way. Trust me I know this.
blush.gif
and yes it is posible to push start a Busa.
tounge.gif

I'm not sure about the oil leak but to get your parking light on you have to push the key down while in the off position then turn it.  This is to keep you for turning the light on by mistake.  It doesn't always work that way.  Trust me I know this.  
blush.gif
tounge.gif
thanks but i tried the "push and turn" already. turning counter clock wise will only go as far as the handlebar lock position. the bike starts fine because i don't have any problem turning the key to the on position.

I found out about the parking lights by mistake also. Had the bike for 3 days when I got new tires and rear brake pads. When I got home turned the bike off and when into the house when I came back out noticed that the rear light was on. I was cusing at the dealer,thought they screwed up, I started messing with brake lite accuator thinking it was out of adjustment. To make a long story I felt like a fool when I found out I turned the parking lights on when I turned the ignition off.

So the question is why is there a parking light place on the ignition?
rock.gif
??

Oil leak check wthe obvious first. Oil filter?? Oil drain?? Then check bolts around engine?? Let run for about 10 minutes after wiping the bike down, see if yo can track it down. Put nice white paper under the bike and see where the drip is coming from. Put up on a stand so the bike is straight.

Do like NE said for the oil leak that is what I had to do when I put all of the chrome engine covers on the bike. My left side engine cover did not seal right so I had to pull it off and reseal it.

It could probably be coming from a few places, but my first thought was the left side engine cover.

parking light what?? There is a parking light?

I'm not sure about the oil leak but to get your parking light on you have to push the key down while in the off position then turn it.  This is to keep you for turning the light on by mistake.  It doesn't always work that way.  Trust me I know this.  
blush.gif
tounge.gif
Exactly as jwc said...

Rich and NE have the right idea. I have always use (carefully!) a pressure wahser with hot water and detergent. Don't blow it directly at a seal or your chan, but this will degrease the bike and allow you to see the drip as it first starts.

Good luck!

Back