need some help with gauges

rodney

Registered
i am doing a gen II conversion on a gen1. besides the gen II gauges what will i need to do to get this to work? thank you in advance

Welcome.
A bit more detail is needed. When you say conversion, what specifically are you converting?

sorry just doing the plastics subframe and light to make it look like a genII motor/harness/etc is off the 2006 GenI

i did not see the answer, I have all plastics done and mounted fine. The plug in for the gauges is different and i just did not know if i got a genII headlight harness is all i will need or do i have to do more? thanks

i did not see the answer, I have all plastics done and mounted fine. The plug in for the gauges is different and i just did not know if i got a genII headlight harness is all i will need or do i have to do more? thanks
Do you still have the gen1 cluster for the bike?
Your best bet is to notch and modify the gen 2 dash fairings you have and run the gen 1 cluster in place of what would be the gen 2 cluster on a gen 2 bike.
Without a gen 2 ecm, which then leads into engine parts and such you will be hard pressed to make a gen 2 cluster work if you could even do it at all.

The gen2 gages will work on a gen1, as it's been done here before.
It's not plug and play, and I don't know details, sorry.

Back