Need some help quick :-)

Africanos

Registered
Hi to all and a have a beautiful 2014 ,
I am looking to buy an extension for my 2003 busa , I found this seller ,( after I got roped of from a ebay seller who was selling used extensions ) I desided to go for new , I found a set with chain together , the extensions are going to be welded on my bike , but I concerned obout the chain this seller is giving with . Never heard of it . Please see the link and if someone knows anything. To help me , really appreciate ,

Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa 99 07 Swing Arm Extensions Polished SAX01P Chain Combo | eBay

This is the link please check .. It's a PIT-ECK extension with a H&T CHAIN 530

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=110957280623

It's easy to jump on a "good deal" but remember you always get what you paid for in the end. How much is your life worth compaired to saving a few hundred bucks?

If you would like a quality swing arm, pm me and I can get you special pricing on a custom swing arm for your bike.

If you want some help listen to Murderedout and buy a legitimate extended swingarm. There is far too many junk swingarm extensions out there to take a chance.... but if you want to risk your life and bike on a kit that includes a $59 dollar chain that's ultimately your decision :hide:

Please don't buy that kit! That's an accident waiting to be bought. Go with a real arm and quality chain, PLEASE!

I got you I know the swingarm is the ultimate choise but If I weld the extensions isn't it ok , there are people here that use the for drug racing and they don't have any problems ... I found an extended swing arm here but it is for the 2 generation , does anyone know if it fits a 2003 hayabusa ,,,

Extensions seem to be hit and miss. Definitely around here (not a bad thing).

What's the uses for this? Drag racing or cruising?

For me even for looks I'd get better. I mean a zzz chain which is pretty tip top is only 140$ or so on amazon. I got my 120 link for 115$ shipped. And I'd do a search here for the last really informative extension post and do the research on what's right for me.

If you do want to drag race, I'd do some of the other upgrades if I couldn't afford a full arm, and get out and get some practice with stock wb.

This is what I found for the gen ii to gen I swap. Had no results so I don't know if it worked.

Quote ((((((You will need the bolt and pivot pin for the shock mount knuckle and the rear brake caliper and hanger off the GenII arm. The bearing diameter on the GenII arm ( shock mount bearing ) is smaller than the Gen 1)))))))

not at all dragracing and only stock HP I am not extreme, user crusing most of the time ,,, going for the look I dont like the stock short arm ,,,

Man...that kit sucks!!! you will regret that for sure. That cheap chain will snap on you and bust your plastics and possibly make you crash. Do yourself a favor and get something a little better quality.

Man...that kit sucks!!! you will regret that for sure. That cheap chain will snap on you and bust your plastics and possibly make you crash. Do yourself a favor and get something a little better quality.

Busting the plastic is the least of the worries. Snapping chain can do some serious damage up by front sprocket and whatnot. Not a fun task to have to repair.

Extensions are fine as long as you do get them from a good supplier. Lots of sub par metals used in cheap knock-offs. The whole weight and torque of your bike accelerating will be put to the test at your chain and the parts holding your rear wheel in place.

I found a yana shiki extension new at a good price , but it is for 2008+ Can I make it fit my 2003 ? , they look like the only diference is at the side of the brake the longer inner aluminium plack for the brake to fit , if I cut it shorter won't it be like the extensions for the older busas ?

I found a yana shiki extension new at a good price , but it is for 2008+ Can I make it fit my 2003 ? , they look like the only diference is at the side of the brake the longer inner aluminium plack for the brake to fit , if I cut it shorter won't it be like the extensions for the older busas ?

Only advise I can give is take your time. You got the bike, that already cost more than a swingarm or extensions. Be patient bro and build it right. Save up 500 for a good set of extensions and a chain. Do the research so you know what your buying. And keep an eye on the classifieds here for maybe an arm to pop up. I don't think you will get many positive answers for a cheap way to do this mod here.

Back