Need some help on fitting rc components wheels on my gen 1 Busa..

Dansch06limited

Registered
Hey fellas I hope I am not asking a dumb question, I have done some research the past couple days only to come up with nothing.. At least nothing that's clear.. So here I am posting my questions... I bought a set of RC components gladiator wheels from a friend & they had been installed on a 08 Kawasaki ZX14.. I haven't started taking my factory wheels off yet to see what will fit but my friend told me I have to get a specific hayabusa hub & brake setup from RC for the rear and front rotor setup also. So I looked on the RC website and googled RC haybusa hub but I've found nothing & getting frustrated.. Any help or knowledge anyone can give me on this will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance..

If you get/order Hayabusa year specific hubs from RCC only thing you will have to do is install your rotors F&R and they should mount up same as your stockers come off. Shouldn't be nothing special if you are buying new hubs.

You will need a RC Comp sprocket though, but all RCC wheels I've had take stock rotors.

Thanks for info but my first and bigger issue right now is finding the hub I need to buy, so I can't use the factory hub in my OEM wheels? Where can I find the hub? I searched the RCC website an it kept saying no results for hayabusa hub.. After a while I jut quit searching, do you know of a different place I can buy the hub?

Call them directly (800)360-0915 and they'll be able to hook you up. You'll probably be somewhere around $7-900 for a set of hubs from them but not a lot of choices there. ???
And there only about 100 miles south of you in Bowling Green, roll up in person with cash and take your wheels and who knows they might have a set they can hook you up a good deal on. Times are tough now and cash has a nice deep voice that carries well. :laugh:

Hell of advice man thanks alot I will check them out this weekend and post back on how good of a deal they give locals..) thnx again

My RC wheels have hubs that unbolt so basically you are left with a wheel with a hole in the middle.All mys stock stuff mounts up as this is how I ordered it.You can get the RC wheels with hubs for RC sprockets and rotors as well.

My RC wheels have hubs that unbolt so basically you are left with a wheel with a hole in the middle.All mys stock stuff mounts up as this is how I ordered it.You can get the RC wheels with hubs for RC sprockets and rotors as well.

Yep, wheels themselves are pretty universal. Hubs make them bike specific. And as far as rotors, yes you can get the RC rotors to match the wheel design but they still incorporate the stock bolt pattern so you can just mount any rotors that are made for your bike and are not limited to RC rotors only. Sprocket is a different story though, they only accept RC sprockets but I think ATC was copying their set-up for their stuff also. ???

Back