Need some help here! Busa won't start!

JJsBusaRox

Registered
Hi all,

I need some help because of my own stupidity..I think. Just did the first maintenance at 770 miles a couple of days ago, rode it home and no problems. Today, I tried doing the fender eliminator mod by Blanca Busa. Long story short, I did not finish the project because I was running out of time and had to go to work (2 hour trip). So I put it all back together with no problems except for the wires that I had cut from the license plate light. So I wrap up the wires with electrical tape. The problem I think is I wrapped the wires together and not seperately.

I put all my gear on and get ready to leave. I start up the bike. It starts, but I noticed the fuel gauge was on empty as if the bike was still off! (had a full tank of gas). I was like "Hmm, wtf is this?". So I turn the engine off to reset the bike and start her back up. AND NOTHING! The bike didn't even do the self check that it does when you put the key to on. I checked the engine cut off switch and all that and NOTHING! The bike was completely dead!

So do you guys thinki it had something to do with me taping up the wires together? Could this really shut down the whole bike like this? I have read on a couple of other threads about other busas not starting up. So I'm wondering if this is that problem. I really don't know guys. I am really not mechanically or electrically inclined. I had this feeling that I should not have messed with the damn thing :banghead:.

Now because I caused this mess, I don't think this would be covered under warranty. So before I drop a few hundred dollars to get my bike fixed, I would appreciate any help or advice you all might have so I can fix this myself :please:! Thanks in advance...

Jesse

You most likely blew a fuse when you touched the two wires together .
Can't connect positive and negative or bad things happen .
Check your fuses and you should be fine .

Thanks guys for the tip. The start relay fuse was out and so was one of the others in the main fuse box. Tell you what....getting to both fuse was a bit of work.

Back