Need some extruded aluminum help

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
hey guys, if I needed to get my hands on some extruded aluminum like this where would I go and what would I ask for?

cap

tube.jpg

tube2.jpg

tube.jpg

tube2.jpg

WW Grainger, McMaster-Carr, A glass shop?????

Do you know what the original application that this was used for?

Likely it came from china. You can get the hookup on it if you want a couple of shipping containers of it.

Locally, you might check with Macklanburg-Duncan. I doubt they make that exact profile but might be able to point you in the right direction.

Whatever the original application was is going to be the cheapest source. They already bought the majority of a shipment.

I first thought store fronts and windows, but there is too much radiused surface. At least for the US, maybe in Europe.

that piece has alot of specific chanels in it. You would have to find the manufacturer who has that die. This isn't an easy task. There are lots of companies that can do extrusions but the die is the critical part. That pattern is specific to something and I assume the company who sells it in some assembly may still have ownership of the die.

Image goggle
aluminum extrusion profiles

A lot to look through. Similar, but not that profile.

If all you are looking for is the same footprint and "shape" of the aluminum anyone can make them for you. The exact same inner profile shouldnt matter as it looks to be just to hold the specific end cap which if you got a different inner profile you could just use the matching end cap for those.

Now here is my guess as to what YOU plan on using it for.. If you plan on the same "shape and size" of the one pictured I would say a new stand for something you cut with your "LAZER".

Of course I could be wrong, ive been going delirious at work lately.

i would suspect a metal building manufacturer might carry that

Back