Need some expert advice

well since it has to come apart anyway as long as they can regrind the journal and get proper sized bearings you mayas well have the crank balanced . Makes a world of difference to performance . Last crank i did (car) we camphered the oil holes and cross drilled the oil holes too . Not sure if that would be a good idea on a Busa or not . It needs a fair bit of oil to maintain the pressure.

well since it has to come apart anyway as long as they can regrind the journal and get proper sized bearings you mayas well have the crank balanced . Makes a world of difference to performance . Last crank i did (car) we camphered the oil holes and cross drilled the oil holes too . Not sure if that would be a good idea on a Busa or not . It needs a fair bit of oil to maintain the pressure.

But, at the end of the day, if it's lightweight and shiny...that's all the Toad cares about, lol.

Ok crankshaft is out. I cleaned the journal with degreaser and a shop rag, most everything came clean except a space about an inch long. So who does the journal repairs ? I am in Palm Beach , Fl so anything in Florida?
IMG_20181205_214042.jpg

Last edited:
Plus one for APE. They will tell you if it can be repaired to start with. Then they can repair and improve your crank with as many improvements as your wallet can stand. Honest knowledgeable and most of all capable.

Reactions: c10
Official thread jacking has occurred. Please remain seated during this Jacking, and no one will be injured. Do not attempt to resume original topic as resistance is futile.
Have a nice day :)![/QUOTE
Put the FN ROD bearing in the basket!! I got your dog. Wait a minuet was she a great big fat person?

Official thread jacking has occurred. Please remain seated during this Jacking, and no one will be injured. Do not attempt to resume original topic as resistance is futile.
Have a nice day :)!

My fault...again.
Sorry.
As you were....

Well really. What else is there to do? He has it apart We the collective have advised sending it to APE and now there is nothing to do but wait . And so we get to amuse ourselves in this manner . I am sure once decisions have been made and /or results found this topic will get back on track . Patience my friend

Back