Need some engine help ... Temecula Ca.

kcduner

Registered
New to the forum but thought I'd throw this out there...

Like the title says I could use a little help with my 01 busa engine

Thing is it's not in a bike... It's in a sand rail

Long story but basically engines been rebuilt , had the gears back cut , injectors serviced etc..

Ran great for 1 dune run next morning thing is backfiring and will hardly run at all.

Checked the plugs, fuel pump is working, Air filter is clean, no intake leaks,

Can't pull codes because I do not have the display panel.

Like to find someone in the Temecula, area that is familiar with the engine, possibly have a look at it?

Any help is appreciated, this car rips in the dunes and I want to get back out there!

KC

Thanks Newman,
Well probably hard to narrow down someone in this area so let me ask this ...

Engine will start when cold but backfires when reved, when it reaches operating temperature it dies and will not start again.

Any idea's?

Sorry was out of town,

Yes, Fuel pump is stock. Took the thing to Bob's Garage in San Marcos, Doug did comp check which was good , hooked a display to it and said he found no codes, recommended I replace the fuel pump which we did, then recommended we replace injectors which we did. Still has the same problem.

So far we have replaced ECU with ebay one, replaced coils with ebay ones, had the fuel pump rebuilt, replaced the injectors. couple sets of plugs...

I do not have the bike display so I cannot pull codes myself which makes it difficult.

Vacuum lines are intact, No black smoke.

Not sure what to try next but getting tired of throwing money at the problem.

Any suggestions are welcome, Thanks !

Silly question, but is it possible that your idle adjustment screw vibrated out and as a result your idle is so low that the engine barely idles?

Also, check spark plug wiring, especially the common wire whose poor connection would effectively partially disable all plugs. Try spraying some starter fluid spray into the intakes. If it fires right up for a second or two, then your spark is OK, but you got a fuel problem. If nothing happens, it is likely that you got poor spark.

Any chance some sand could get into the fuel, and clog the fuel filter and maybe even some fine sand could get into the fuel rail? At the least, disconnect the fuel line, prime the pump and see that a decent amount of fuel comes out of the pump.

if your willing to travel one state east, i can help you.

what were your compression numbers? did they leak it down?
did they just start throwing parts at it or did they actually test the parts to verify they were bad?
what is the fuel pressure?
what is done to the motor if anything?

Back