need some coolant, can i use reg. from parts store

john32303

Registered
hi all

i need to add some coolant to my bike. Can i use a regular coolant like preston from autozone? if not, is there one that i can get from autozone?

Thanks

YOU CAN NOT USE ANY ANTI-FREEZE/COOLANT. You need to use a silicate free version. If you want to use Prestone, check out their "All Brands" version. It has no silicates or phosphates.

or change it out to engine ice. It will run cooler but it is more expensive. I changed mine over and have seen a difference. Like i said though its not necessary just a thought.

YOU CAN NOT USE ANY ANTI-FREEZE/COOLANT. You need to use a silicate free version. If you want to use Prestone, check out their "All Brands" version. It has no silicates or phosphates.

Agreed. You dont want premature water pump failure.

yes.....or in the back should say it.....I tried Engine Ice and saw ABSOLUTELY no difference...AT all....Nothing ZERO nill.....I would no spend the money but that is just my .02......not even at the track with 102 degress outside...But it is biodegreadable and enviornment friendly:laugh:

yes.....or in the back should say it.....I tried Engine Ice and saw ABSOLUTELY no difference...AT all....Nothing ZERO nill.....I would no spend the money but that is just my .02......not even at the track with 102 degress outside...But it is biodegreadable and enviornment friendly:laugh:

Yep in reality coolant has nothing to do with temp, your thermostat, fan (and the temp it turns on) and cooling system capacity are going to be the deciding factors here. All coolant does is determine boiling/freezing point (along with system pressure of course).:moon:

Back