Need some computer soundy systemy type help...y

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I'm looking for a couple programs for my PC. 1 is to extract sound from youtube clips and such, and the other would be to take a song, but be able to edit it to maybe 10 or so second clips of my choosing from the song. Any ideas?

you can try searching around on cnet in the freeware section... you might get lucky.

cnet.com

AUDACITY does exactly what you need, does much more, and is free
Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

full blow multitrack audio recording with midi and the profesional bells and whistles
REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits

I use Audacity for my edits. great program.

if you download the flv file from YouTube with one of the YouTube download programs around it's a simple conversion with Media Converter to get it into wav or mp3. just take the defaults and it's pretty quick.

i also use Media Converter to convert the downloaded flv to wmv (or mp4) so i can watch the video offline.

I wasnt very clear with my answer. you can use Audacity to RECORD any sound that is playing on your computer, once you set the inputs and such correctly. thus record youtube audio then dice it up who ya want. you can also record internet radio streams and stuff like pandora and phapsody or any net station. it's exactly like and as legal as holding a cassette microphone up to you speaker. same thing except it is internal

So, I'm looking for a couple programs for my PC. 1 is to extract sound from youtube clips and such, and the other would be to take a song, but be able to edit it to maybe 10 or so second clips of my choosing from the song. Any ideas?

Who's is this guy!:whistle:

Back