Need some advice on maintenance

BricklayerQue

Registered
Im about to start doing work on my bike and i need some help on the best stuff for maintenace for my chain (cleaner and lube), Oil (oil, filter), Air filter and anything else yall can help me with...i really appreciate it a lot :bowdown:

Clean your chain with kerosene and a plastic bristle brush. Oil it with Maxima Chain Wax or some use Dupont brand. Oil it after every ride and clean it when grimey.

If you use regular go with Suzuki oil , if you want to use sythetic go with Mobil 1 racing 4t or amsoil. Use 10w-40. Dont use regular car oil.

For the filter use the oem suzuki or puralator or wix.

You will get a different answer form everyone who replies....so it will ultimately be up to you.

:laugh:thats true..ever one take care of there bikes differently...i just need some ideals so i can get started...as soon as my stand come in im getting to work

+1 for the dupont wax - stuff doesn't fling at all.

Sidenote: You really wax your chain after each ride? Did I misread the manual when it recommends it every 600 miles?

What do you guys do for the longer rides, say 1000 miles in a day.

long rides? for long rides i lube my chain every night. i've left a trail of bug covered towels and stained carpets, in motel rooms all across the country.
i like royal purple synthetic chain lube, but chain wax works good too. :cheerleader:
i dig the kn filters for oil, they have a nut on the end thats easy to grab, and come predrilled for safety wire.

pics nov 2010 339.jpg

:laugh: WD-40 after a good ride and the chain is warm, then I use the gold can Maxima chain wax. Zuki oil and filter every change vs. filter every other change. Zuki air filter. Can't be beat.

This should be a real good thread :rofl:

Interesting, I have never thought of bringing my bike into my hotel room. Good idea, allows you to sleep comfortably knowing your beloved Busa is safe!!!

Use the search function you will find reams and reams of threads on chain / lube /oil/filter info...

Amsoil/K&N Filter and Dupont Chain lube for me!

Interesting, I have never thought of bringing my bike into my hotel room. Good idea, allows you to sleep comfortably knowing your beloved Busa is safe!!!

I've done it and you better bet it makes for a better nights rest. :laugh:

long rides? for long rides i lube my chain every night. i've left a trail of bug covered towels and stained carpets, in motel rooms all across the country.
i like royal purple synthetic chain lube, but chain wax works good too. :cheerleader:
i dig the kn filters for oil, they have a nut on the end thats easy to grab, and come predrilled for safety wire.

Funny!
Posted via Mobile Device

It's what I use...K&N filter with Mobil 1

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back