Need power for phone charger/cig lighter socket in front

MisterGDBusa

Registered
Power for phone charger/cig lighter connector.
I already have one in the back Instaled in the trunk area so if I wanna charge my phone it has to stay in the trunk.
I want to put one socket in front so I can charge the phone while its one the phone mount.
Do I have to run wires from battery or I can tap into the wires from front lights???

Tap into the brown wire that runs the small lights in your head light assembly. That will give you power from the key.

I did the same thing I have a boost by smith ACC harness to power the phone and gps upfront( switch power) and also have a battery tenden usb connector in the truck strait from the battery..

Using the lights is the simplest option. That way the power is switched. I have a switched fuse block. You can get one from Pashnit (site sponsor). The nice thing about this is that you can have switched and unswitched power and you can fuse each item connected to it differently.

How do you mean small lights??? Those in the turn signals??
Or the low beam light??
On which side is that wire??

The small round lights to the sides of the main high/low beam light. Since these lights are only on when the key is on, they are a good source of low amperage switched power.

Here is the easist, if you have a Battery tender,

Amazon linkAmazon.com: Battery Tender 081-0158 Black Quick Disconnect Plug with USB Charger: Automotive

You can fin it anywhere for under $12 shipped, it works great!

Here is my post on a powered tank bag,, multiple charging options here,https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/electrical-mods/182423-powered-tank-bag.html

I made a plug that plugs into my battery tender so all I have to do is stick the plug into the 12v constant plug in the trunk to charge the battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://3brpowersports.com/products.php plug and play, switched USB power port. Make sure you get the one specifically made for the Hayabusa. Plugs inline with running lights.

Agree. I did this mod last season. Got the idea from GsxrBots (thanks by the way). If you connect the USB charger directly to the battery, it will slowly drain your battery until it's dead. It's recommended that you connect it to a keyed power source so that it turns off when the bike is off. Smithabusa sells an accessory harness that allows you to tap into the front running lights like DO3 mentioned and route power for additional accessories in the front and back of the bike without having to splice into your electrical system. It's plug and play and gives you the ability to add future accessories easily. It's a very good option if you want to minimize splicing on that nice new 2013. I got the 3BR cable from Pashnit, the accessory harness from smithabusa and the capped red band usb cable from 3brpowersports. All great people to do business with and very helpful if you have questions. I have detailed pictures of my install and was planning on putting together a tutorial last winter but I got busy and forgot to write one up. Maybe if I have time on the weekend, I will post one up.

JPunisher

Here is the easist, if you have a Battery tender,

Amazon linkhttp://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-081-0158-Disconnect-Charger/dp/B00DJ5KEF4

You can fin it anywhere for under $12 shipped, it works great!

Here is my post on a powered tank bag,, multiple charging options here,https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/electrical-mods/182423-powered-tank-bag.html

Like I said, I already have battery tender connector and on same wires from battery I have cig socket and that in the trunk space area.
I want one more extra socket in front.

Last edited by a moderator:
The main harnes for those goes on left side of bike or right side?

Not sure but I would guess on the left side as that is the side with the fuse box. You can tap the wire anywhere though. The power is already fused for the light (not sure what that amp is) so anything you add to the line cannot overdrive it or the fuse will blow. Most things don't take that much though, and Iphone is next to nothing.

Back