Need Pictures of Touring Busa's

Cool, I just found this thread.

Here's my '03 Busa that I've done some decent touring on. I've got heated grips, air horn, and a Garmin 2610 GPS. Other than some decent bags and Pirelli tires, that's about all the touring options I've gone with. I've got around 43,000 miles on the stock seat, clip ons, and windscreen. Maybe one day I'll go with a Corbin, bar riser, or a double bubble, but for now why mess with a good thing. :beerchug:

What is the name of those bags that you have? They look nice.

Those are DLSB500.. and tail bag.. been around a LONG time.. I got my set I late 2006.... and they still sell.. come with water proof covers. Work well when your crossing on ferrys.. haven't seen rain with them yet

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

have the top box set two ways one for two riders and like this for one.

B.

SBK Race 012.jpg

Like Papi and Justin, I also tour with a similar tailbag/saddlebag setup. This was from my tour up the coast to Marin a few weeks back. As I get older, I enjoy doing this type of riding more and more...

Busa Norcal trip 006.jpg

Busa Norcal trip 004.jpg

Busa Norcal trip 002.jpg

Last edited:

Sorry for the late responce. I have the Cortech TriBags Saddlebags. 14.5"l x 11"w x 8.5"h (20 Liters per side)

The tail bag is a Nelson Rigg RTB-500 which has been replaced with the CL-800. 26"L x 16"W x 10"H

Had to make some very minor mods to the plastic buckles so that the different brands of bags would clip together, but it was very simple and works great.

here's my set-up.
ventura luggage rack
Gel seat
Nelson rigg tank bank-the expandable one. i've fit 3 pairs of shoes in this bag
Heli-bars
Zero-Gravity screen.

i might add another ventura bag that zips up to what i have.

IMG00042-20091010-1655.jpg

IMG00042-20091010-1655.jpg

Friend of mine did around Lake Michigan last weekend. We both have Icon tankbags, he used my Corbin rear for his soft bag. I mounted a Givi E30 to my rear seat and a Renntec rack out back.

The Givi is perfect. Not too large like you see other bags and it fits the width of the bike. Plenty of room for clothes and tools, rain suit, inflator, etc in the tankbag.

Oh yeah, Corbin for sure. He was hurtin on the stocker.

IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6344.jpg

IMG_6328.jpg

Last edited:
What route did you take around the lake? We just did this a couple months ago (I was on my old 109 though) Great trip! How long did you do it in?
D60_090410_2524.JPG

D60_090510_2539.JPG

D60_090510_2556.JPG

Chicago through Wisconsin to Manistique, MI the first day. Then to Sawyer, MI the second. Short Sunday back to Chicago. Had to head back quickly for a family function. Would love to do it again but with a full three days and take more pictures and backroads. Busa's ran great!

Sounds just about like our trip. I hope you ran US31 down along lake Michigan in Michigan such a beautiful ride. Hwy 2 in the UP is close to perfect as well! Glad you had fun, we will be doing it again next summer... This time on a 'Busa!:thumbsup:

Lots of nice pictures for sure. I don't have any pictures of my stuff(yet) but I have a venture tail bag purchased from an Org member, a set of Nelson-Riggs saddlebags, a Joe Rocket tank bag, and a couple of different shields!

Last edited:
Do you have the Nelson Rigg heat shield to protect your saddlebags? I think I'm going to go with the Nelson Rigg as well, from NewEnough.com. Do you like the bags??

Back