Need Pictures of Touring Busa's

Forgive me if this is a repeated question.

How do you get a more comfortable leg position on a Busa for longer rides/touring ?

I'm not referring to Buell Pegs, I understand those.

I'm think more along the line of "highway pegs."

There was a thread about foot control mods in 2015, here. @red11cc thought about adding highways pegs to a race rail. Sent a pm to him for more info.

Any more ideas on getting a more relaxed leg position on a Busa for longer rides ?

Thanks in advance. Again, sorry if this is a repeated question.

:beerchug:

... Comfy ?

Like me, most "older" riders have triple tree riser installed.

The Busa doesn't have a extremely aggressive riding position though it's not a upright position like a sport touring bike.

Took my Busa on a ~400 mile trip. The riding position was fine with the riser though I did want to stretch out my legs periodically.

Having forward pegs would allow me that opportunity when needed.

@Vaggabon1 did a great job, waiting for his build details.

pegs4.jpg

Doesn't look like there are any "visible" holes in the fairing; and easy to take on & off for maintenance or local riding.

When I hear back from him, I'm going to give it a try !

:thumbsup:

The hooks are 1/4 20 with a lock nut . They do two things very well . First getting a little more knee relief for extended long rides ( 500 mile plus days ) 2nd the move the feet out into the air stream . This increases the speed at witch your boots dry out from getting caught in the rain . They can be removed in seconds before heading up a canyon pass . I have pushed them to touching with same result as stock peg feelers .
Some model buel pegs were metric , and not SAE like the ones on my bike . One person made a comment about if I were to crash they could grab me . This is true just like the many other parts on a motorcycle we could hang up on in a crash .
Most normal riding they will never touch .

@Lodi Do you ride alone or with a friend touring ? I ask to point out running the rear seat vs the cowl .
You can add a seat bag , and in a pinch if your friend has a issue could hitch a ride into town with you holding the bag . I think the bird looks a little off with top case , and rear givi case . Now side bags , and hump look pretty nice .

The hooks are 1/4 20 with a lock nut . They do two things very well . First getting a little more knee relief for extended long rides ( 500 mile plus days ) 2nd the move the feet out into the air stream . This increases the speed at witch your boots dry out from getting caught in the rain . They can be removed in seconds before heading up a canyon pass . I have pushed them to touching with same result as stock peg feelers .
Some model buel pegs were metric , and not SAE like the ones on my bike . One person made a comment about if I were to crash they could grab me . This is true just like the many other parts on a motorcycle we could hang up on in a crash .
Most normal riding they will never touch .

@Lodi Do you ride alone or with a friend touring ? I ask to point out running the rear seat vs the cowl .
You can add a seat bag , and in a pinch if your friend has a issue could hitch a ride into town with you holding the bag . I think the bird looks a little off with top case , and rear givi case . Now side bags , and hump look pretty nice .

Most of my riding is with friends for 1-3 days. Side cases are more storage than I need and I like the quick and easy removal of the top case over strapping on a seat bag every morning. As for looks, I think the hump looks best without top or side cases and either option sacrifices visual appeal equally. I considered the options and went with the best choice for me :)

Tank bag, tail bag, taller windscreen, bar risers, big wide drop pegs, wide view mirrors, GoPro, GPS, battery pack to run things for 2 days and Cardo blue tooth for phone and music. Also have a second battery pack for two more days. Everything works well for me.

68504923-D3CA-4AFA-95E8-9BD704B5435E.jpeg

41894851-9A9E-475B-878E-FFCC12E5B081.jpeg

05450797-F28B-4346-8E84-3B180DE58BB1.jpeg

A094D072-4F63-466B-845D-17F2A7861845.jpeg

B06285D1-4D8F-45FF-B11A-4A16C45165BB.jpeg

Back