Need pics of Busa with Thunder_Composites ...

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
So, didnt notice it before, but the Kanji on the right side is positioned the same as the stock one. Instead of sweeping back from the front, the new one sweeps down toward the front? I looked at the pic included with the kit, and it shows the same issue. Not sure I like that too much, figure on the bike I wont be able to tell anyway, but it sure would help seeing someone elses Thunder_Composite decal kit.

NO I DID NOT PUT THEM ON YET SO NO PICS INSTALLED *And I dont really wanna a take a pic until they are on (need to get the front end painted solid black first*

Charlie

I changed it around, Charlie. When you apply it, you will know it is right. It is a true custom. A one off design. I reversed the right Kanji to match the panel flow and allow a flamed edge to be applied. It aslo allowed me to incorporate the GL logo and make it still look great. In a regular Kanji, he would be facing backwards. That would be a superhero no go.

If you don't like it, I will refund you. That's saying a lot becuase they are very expensive to make and I made yours twice because the first one wasn't absoloutely perfect.

I’m feeling chatty this morning so where’s my soapbox..... Talked with CAT3 last night about the decals, and sounds like one heck of a cool decal project KennyMac did for him! Like any custom project you must be very specific when talking with the designer....I think I drove KennyMac crazy trading ideas back and forth with him, but the project turned out perfect.

Anyone considering Tapeworks needs to talk to KennyMac fist and get a quote. I can tell you first hand that my custom project would have cost me around $1,000.00 from tape works to have them duplicate what KennyMac did for a fraction of the cost. And Quality...oh man....The quality is awesome....I'm not making a cent by talking up KennyMac's graphics, so I would tell you if his graphics are sub-par like a lot of the eBay junk you see you cheaply priced. Not only did my $$$ get me custom graphics, but it got me 1 on 1 communications with someone who takes pride in his work, and cared that I was getting exactly what I wanted...not just what the designer wanted.

Ohh...and let me add that KennyMac is not running these graphics off on his home computer, and some crap~ola printer in the basement. If he wasn’t so darn modest, and if he would advertise a little more on the board, I think once people seen the end product in person, I believe Tapeworks would get a little scared. I've dealt with 20+ people on this board, all of them great to deal with...but I put KennyMac right at the very top of the list...Great guy to do business with, awesome product, awesome communication, and awesome prices. Heck, KS-Waterbug....I would say if there is enough interest, KennyMac is the guy to get a Group-Buy setup with.

I agree with Glen being the CAT's ass when it comes to design, concept and finished product.... Glen, not asking for a refund at all, hell no, these are sexy enough to warrant your minimal selling price. If you could redeisgn the right side, sticking with the flames etc but having the Kanji facing forward I'd gladly pay for it. Sent the payment out just a few minutes ago also.
pics will be up as soon as my bike is repainted. I think I already have at least one local guy, maybe a few more wanting some custom graphics....you can non-Busa bikes right? Thanks again.

Charlie

Email sent brother. I'll get you sorted. Can't wait to see it all together. Of course, I can work on non-busas, I would rather convert them but what is a bloke too do. lol.
beerchug.gif

Bad Cell phone pic I just took at work, but best I could do right now. The picture doesnt show the carbon fiber in the graphics - the pictures just make them look yellow in color...will try to get better pictures later. I did take the Falcons off because it was just a little busy for me. I have another Dozen+ decals from KennyMac, but just slowly adding and making changes.

_wsb_449x500_2_edited.jpg

(busa1300nut @ Sep. 29 2006,19:25) Dam V, I,m diggn the Gold your putting on the bike. And the decal,s look great also.
Thank you Sir
beerchug.gif

Last year I would have lost a bet with myself if I were to think I would ever go Gold with this busa, but it all started with the wheels and it has just sorta been a continual work in progress. Funny how just a little gold item in the wrong place can throw the look of the bike completely off...or just the opposite...make it just right. Trying to go for a low-key look and not get to "Blingy", and I've learned some expensive lessons in the process of making an attempt at creating something original yet not over-kill at the same time.

I swear, if it wasn't for the Busa, and the creative outlet of modding, and the complete joy of riding this machine - I think I would have lost the little sanity I have left in me. Thanks again for the input
cool.gif

Good news...Kenny is going to work up a new "factory" set right side decal, thats awesome. Plus he'll be busy working up the Juggernaut decals to fit a CBR1000RR. Better yet, I have an appointment to get my side and front fairings and the tank shot in black for the w/e after Columbus Day. Local guy thats painted quite a few custom jobs on bikes has me slated for a friday drop-off parts and sunday afternoon pickup, pretty good pricing for here also. So, I figure one to two weeks after its painted I can lay the decals....give some cure time so if I need to reposition before final setting of the graphics I wont rip the clear coat off.
I will say, without giving it all away, the kit Glen made for me is by far the best quality, and superbly detailed, much better than the email had shown. I can't wait.

I'm on the case, in between ripping off smart arse remarks on here. I am a little slow at the moment but I will bust my guts to get it done in time.

Glenn, if you can, another friend wants a pair Taz (Tazmanian Devil from Warner Brothers...) for the side fairings on his CBR600RR. I can get you a pic of the spot, and approx. dimensions, but wanted to give you a heads up.

Heads up Cat. Your brand newwies are on the way and i am working on the Juggernaut and TD as we speak.

regards,
Glen.

I should be getting a rub for you monday....my 3rd Anniversary is tomorrow (Sunday) so no leaving w/o the fam for me.

Don't dis the boss for those rubbings, Cat. Do what you have to do at home. I'm sure that your mates understand. I am progressing well without them. The sizing and a few other things will depend on it. Hopefully, it will be to confirm what I reckon already.

Back