Need paint ideas...

tblue3cibm

Registered
I went down a few weeks back :( insurance totaled the bike and is paying out the book value minus a $1900 salvage buy back price :) needles to say I need plastics...I decided to make the best of the situation and repaint....ideas gents....

damage

download.jpg

AFAIK...Left skin, Nose, Upper fairing stay, Stator cover and oil leaked out from somewhere on the left side....She's at Powerhouse (forum sponsor)...Im waiting word on what else (if anything *fingers crossed*) she needs...

hopefully that's all man. sounds just as bad when i downed mine, but they didn't total mine. cost the insurance company 3k to fix her back to new again. i was just dumb and cocky back then. i learned to respect the old girl real quick.

They totaled it because of the airbrushing and also the midpipe came off the header...they had the exhaust valued at $1300...estimate was close to 6k!!!!

I like my blue and black.. also noticed it was left side... I happen to have oem 07 left side plastic tail plastic and most all the cover plastic in good shape. Or can give you the name of the place I got my non oem plastic... 620 painted and delivered. The guarantee oem fit... and I have gotten two sets. Both were great fits.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Will it be a salvaged title??? Will you be able to insure it with the same coverage after???

You know i think the 06 dark red and black I bought is the best ive seen on any busa. of course i love maroon colors with a deep red tint to them. thats me though. good luck and let us see what you end up with

I like my blue and black.. also noticed it was left side... I happen to have oem 07 left side plastic tail plastic and most all the cover plastic in good shape. Or can give you the name of the place I got my non oem plastic... 620 painted and delivered. The guarantee oem fit... and I have gotten two sets. Both were great fits.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
pm sent
Will it be a salvaged title??? Will you be able to insure it with the same coverage after???
yes salvaged, same coverage after
You know i think the 06 dark red and black I bought is the best ive seen on any busa. of course i love maroon colors with a deep red tint to them. thats me though. good luck and let us see what you end up with
will do
THIS is my dream paint job

wow!!:bowdown:

I like the old scheme.I am thinking about something similar but my blue is a little darker.Sorry about the accident and hope you get it back on the road soon.

If you like the factory look do just as that guy did. Do a oem paint job but switch colors. I painted my bike the black used in the blue black 02 but substituted the blue pearl with red. Calling her midnight cherry pearl.
Posted via Mobile Device

Man that sucks.Check out some of the plastics on ebay. Under $1000 and you can have a nice looking set of plastics and hear the fit is pretty good.

Back