need opin on marble work now.. (beware dialup)

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
about set on marble design but always open to new opin..

about right? needs less? needs more?

this is for above sink.. is missing the bottom border (is in second shot)

04.jpg

09%20.JPG

looks good. but my personal pref is to throw in some bright blues...makes things look clean and fresh:thumbsup: wifey is HUGE on earth tones though

thanks guys... not exactly the artsy fartsy type and so simple design is easier for me.. really time consuming stuff working with marble but really a lot of fun as long as you are not in a hurry... just wish I had a waist height table for the layout work instead of the floor...

Randy, do you have any saw horses? Use them and a piece of plywood. We are too old to use the floor for a work table. :whistle:

Randy, do you have any saw horses? Use them and a piece of plywood. We are too old to use the floor for a work table. :whistle:
:laugh: the problem was length.. 14' to lay out the entire thing.. could have done sections but Karen wanted to see it "whole"

well got the last 13' of the bottom rail (15$ a foot) tonight I do the final mockup... Wednesday.... mastic time.... :eeek:

Its not bad, take you time and put it up one piece at a time. What kind of adhesive are you using?

some kind of paste mastic the tile lady gave me to use.. comes in a 2 qt container.. oh and do have my spacers... the reason for the final mockup is to make sure the spacing is going to work..

Looks pretty rad. And I see on your last post that you do indeed have spacers, so yeah, very cool!

Lets some some "in process" shots to though please?

My only Hmm moment is the thick surround framing the middle section of darker stone. To me, it's too thick and heavy, and I think the design would be better without that border. I think just the dark centered square provides enough eye drawing mass and distinction that the border is unnecessary. FWIW

Have fun though, looks like it would be an entertaining project. :thumbsup:

Lookin' good, remember to use non-sanded grout on the marble, you can destroy the polished surface of the marble in minutes-I read that somewhere 'bout 10 years ago:whistle:

Back