Need New Windscreen

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I currently have the PowerBronze DB and like it, but its chipped and scratched from a couple of seasons use. I'm thinking of going with the ZG ST screen, but I'd like to hear some oppinions and see some pics from those who are currently using it, or who had it installed then got rid of it. I know there are a few threads on this, but they are pretty old. I'm sure there are new oppinions out there.

Puig Dubble Bubble all the way for me...and i do a lot of high speed shid out in the no-mans swamplands of south florida....and so far?...i've used ..

"Stock Screen"
Pros:
1.Smooth airflow.

Cons:
1. Zero room to accessorize with electronics. (i.e. Radar Detectors,ATRE/Gear Indicators)
2. Not nearly enough vertical air protection for anything other than highly commited, fully tucked riding positions.."Sport Tourers" of any sort need not apply.

"Puig Touring Windscreen"

Pros:
1. Real cool look'in highly enhanced windswept appearance.
2. Great wind protection with just a slight tuck.
3. Opens up a little room for electronics.

Cons:
1. After riding one for about a year and a half?...if i hadta say?...that flipped up lip does in fact inflict a slight aero deficiet when achieving top end speeds.
2. At 140?..the sides of the extended windscreen begin to exhibit a slight vibration...at 160?..it becomes a moderate vibration...at 180+?....it almost borders on a "violent" vibration...like ya start to wonder if the mounting screws are gonna crack the windscreen?..or the fairing?
laugh.gif

3. Get yer heard just a little to high over the top and...welcome to highly disrupted and buffeting windland...but it's still a damn good windscreen for the ST busa rider.

"Puig Dubble Bubble"

Pros:
1. Seems to offer up "as much" (if not "a little more") of both "Wind Protection" (at all speeds) annnnnd?..."room" for electronics than does the puig "Touring" windscreen.
2. Very little vibration and no perceptable loss of aero's at ultra high speed.

Cons:
1. You'll wonder why you didn't get this windscreen first.
laugh.gif

BTW...while i've not owned one personally?...I've recently heard several "Quality Related" complaints on the powerbronze windscreens...all were realted to "Crazing/Cracking Over Time" issues....worst case i saw was one that was only a year old and so crazed up that you couldn't see through it.

all i got and...Happy Holidays, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

I got a Puig Double Bubble. I love them. I've ridden with both a ZG Doubl Bubble and a Puig Double Bubble Back to back and I gotta take the Puig.
beerchug.gif

+1 on the Puig DB

I know someone who has a Memphis shades screen, it looks nicer on the bike the lines kind of flow. makes the bike look more like a fighter jet. I think they call it a "cockpit windscreen"

Would like to here from someone else that has used both.

+1 for the Puig Double Bubble Race Screen. Like it a little better than the ZG.

my favourite is the orginal windscreen form but the darker version , you can find at ZeroGravity , here is the one on my 2006 red ,

22.jpg
"front view"

01-14.jpg
"side view" sorry about the helmet's position
sad.gif

I've used ZG personally, but can't find any real difference b/w the DB's, be it Puig or ZG. I did have a Puig clear for videoing but, the dark logo at the bottom of the screen pretty much made that a return. Now I have a clear ZG.

Busawhipped, are you looking for a dark smoke DB? If so, I can send ya my ZG, if you like it will sell it cheap. No cracks, great shape. Just let me know.

Charlie

Im 5'10" w/29 inseam. I ride upright and long distance. This is my experience:

I bought the Puig ST and basically, is the same as stock except for slight upward lip at the last 3 inches of screen. Looks beautiful. Couldnt see dashboard completely unless I tucked in. Wind hit chest and good protection up to 40 mph. Hated it. Traded it in with another member for a ZG ST.

ZG ST is thinner (by comparison) but not flimsy. The screen (tall/wide) scoops upward and really gives the bike a sport touring look. Wind begins hitting me on my upper chest just below my neck. Leaning slightly forward will bring your helmet close to the lip of screen, helpin you cut throught the wind and not get your body soaking wet from the rain (highway riding). I havent encountered buffering yet because Im the slowest Busa out there (need to protect my CDL license). This is my favorite screen.

I also bought a Puig DB and this my 2nd choice. Can see dashboard. Good wind protection. Forms a soft flow of wind around the rider but tucking is really required to cut throught the wind/rain. My shoulders have less wind protection compared to ZG ST.

If I had money to blow, I would also consider the MRA touring (if u dont mind the sport touring look) and the luminar lip. Here is a camera pix (not that great) of my bike with ZG ST. I hope this was helpful.

1110061133.jpg

-2 on Puig DB. I've had two of 'em and I was quite displeased with the optical quality. I've gone back to my personal favorite for strength and quality - LP Phillips speedscreen. I've had both clear and dark smoke with both being top notch.

(JINKSTER @ Dec. 26 2006,08:40) Puig Dubble Bubble all the way for me...and i do a lot of high speed shid out in the no-mans swamplands of south florida....and so far?...i've used ..

"Stock Screen"
Pros:
1.Smooth airflow.

Cons:
1. Zero room to accessorize with electronics. (i.e. Radar Detectors,ATRE/Gear Indicators)
2. Not nearly enough vertical air protection for anything other than highly commited, fully tucked riding positions.."Sport Tourers" of any sort need not apply.

"Puig Touring Windscreen"

Pros:
1. Real cool look'in highly enhanced windswept appearance.
2. Great wind protection with just a slight tuck.
3. Opens up a little room for electronics.

Cons:
1. After riding one for about a year and a half?...if i hadta say?...that flipped up lip does in fact inflict a slight aero deficiet when achieving top end speeds.
2. At 140?..the sides of the extended windscreen begin to exhibit a slight vibration...at 160?..it becomes a moderate vibration...at 180+?....it almost borders on a "violent" vibration...like ya start to wonder if the mounting screws are gonna crack the windscreen?..or the fairing?
laugh.gif

3. Get yer heard just a little to high over the top and...welcome to highly disrupted and buffeting windland...but it's still a damn good windscreen for the ST busa rider.

"Puig Dubble Bubble"

Pros:
1. Seems to offer up "as much" (if not "a little more") of both "Wind Protection" (at all speeds) annnnnd?..."room" for electronics than does the puig "Touring" windscreen.
2. Very little vibration and no perceptable loss of aero's at ultra high speed.

Cons:
1. You'll wonder why you didn't get this windscreen first.
laugh.gif

BTW...while i've not owned one personally?...I've recently heard several "Quality Related" complaints on the powerbronze windscreens...all were realted to "Crazing/Cracking Over Time" issues....worst case i saw was one that was only a year old and so crazed up that you couldn't see through it.

all i got and...Happy Holidays, Bill.
cool.gif
Thanks for the comparisons Bill. Glad to see you back on the board. I hope you had a very merry Christmas.

laugh.gif

(yamahor @ Dec. 26 2006,10:45) I got a Puig Double Bubble. I love them. I've ridden with both a ZG Doubl Bubble and a Puig Double Bubble Back to back and I gotta take the Puig.  
beerchug.gif
Thanks Ben.

(KROOZER @ Dec. 26 2006,14:24) Im 5'10" w/29 inseam. I ride upright and long distance. This is my experience:

I bought the Puig ST and basically, is the same as stock except for slight upward lip at the last 3 inches of screen. Looks beautiful. Couldnt see dashboard completely unless I tucked in. Wind hit chest and good protection up to 40 mph. Hated it. Traded it in with another member for a ZG ST.

ZG ST is thinner (by comparison) but not flimsy. The screen (tall/wide) scoops upward and really gives the bike a sport touring look. Wind begins hitting me on my upper chest just below my neck. Leaning slightly forward will bring your helmet close to the lip of screen, helpin you cut throught the wind and not get your body soaking wet from the rain (highway riding). I havent encountered buffering yet because Im the slowest Busa out there (need to protect my CDL license). This is my favorite screen.

I also bought a Puig DB and this my 2nd choice. Can see dashboard. Good wind protection. Forms a soft flow of wind around the rider but tucking is really required to cut throught the wind/rain. My shoulders have less wind protection compared to ZG ST.

If I had money to blow, I would also consider the MRA touring (if u dont mind the sport touring look)  and the luminar lip. Here is a camera pix (not that great) of my bike with ZG ST. I hope this was helpful.
Thanks.

I've got the ZG DB and don't care for it that much. In fact just put it back on for some vids. and still don't. ZG ST I did like on long rides for protection. I use the MRA the most, I really like it. Very well made and I use the adj. lip alot. Pretty good protection up, down for more air flow on hot days or zipping-along. Although the shaded area interferes with vids.

Back