Need new tires but have questions

D_phi_D

Registered
Hey forum,
I see that most here are using the new pp3 on the busa.

Until next year I will not b able to buy them, have to please the wifey and take her on a cruise. So I can get the Dunlop qualifiers, the pair for 215.00 out the door here in San Diego. Need tires like yesterday.

Are these a good buy or should I not use them?

Please chime in on this please...

Thanks in advance.

You could do worse. Those tires are fine for the majority of town riding and hard to beat the price

Search the forums. A while back some members had very positive reviews. I don't remember, it could've been Q3, not just Qualifiers though. Personally, I am a big fan of BT016. However, I had PP (not PP3) mounted when I bought '06 recently, and they performed flawlessly as well - for aggressive street riding. Didn't do any track days this year.

The Dunlop Qualifier is an outstanding tire. The Q2 replaced it a few years ago and became the sweetheart of the sportbike community. The first time I saw Jason Pridmore perform was on the first generation Qualifier. From that moment forward the Qualifier was my tire. I fell in love with the Qualifier. When the Q2 arrived replacing the Qualifier I even more impressed. The front Q2 was as close to race tire grip as a street tire could get without being stamped "For track use only". Now we have the Q3 which has improved wet weather grip with the same wonderful dry grip qualities of the Q2.

As you can tell, I am a Dunlop fan from the get go and proud of it! And further more "Made in the USA"! :thumbsup:

Just sharing. :)

Avon Storm 2 Ultra Rear Motorcycle Tire | Motorcycle | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

10434909554_d7b5d5c5e9_o.jpg

I was under the impression that PR's were the tire of choice. Pay double for the tires, but potentially get twice the wear.

The Dunlop Qualifier is an outstanding tire. The Q2 replaced it a few years ago and became the sweetheart of the sportbike community. The first time I saw Jason Pridmore perform was on the first generation Qualifier. From that moment forward the Qualifier was my tire. I fell in love with the Qualifier. When the Q2 arrived replacing the Qualifier I even more impressed. The front Q2 was as close to race tire grip as a street tire could get without being stamped "For track use only". Now we have the Q3 which has improved wet weather grip with the same wonderful dry grip qualities of the Q2.

As you can tell, I am a Dunlop fan from the get go and proud of it! And further more "Made in the USA"! :thumbsup:

I'll be replacing my worn out Q2's with the Q3's in a few weeks. One of the things I like about the Q2's are that they are very sticky but I tend to slide the rear tire around corners (on purpose) and the feel when doing so is very predictable.

I was under the impression that PR's were the tire of choice. Pay double for the tires, but potentially get twice the wear.
Not sure if I'm reading your post right but my Michelin Power Road 3's were the cheapest tires I've ever put on a Busa, cheaper than the storms I've been running. Maybe I caught them on a sale :dunno: $188 to my door for the rear vs. $220.

Tim, I loved my storms an ran them for 5 years until I bought the Michelins that are currently on my ride.

Ok guys, I'm back to tell wha t I purchased...
I got the conti motion sport touring 190/50/17 rear and 120/70/17 front for 215.00 out the door w/ insurance. So do anyone no anything about these? Meaning, who have experience with them? How long do u think they will last? I only do commuting, but i do get up to high speeds at times. In other words, i right daily without canyon riding. Please do tell about your knowledge of these.
The wifey will purchase the next set, so I will get the best for the beast when these wear out....thanks for all your help and input, everyone.

I'll

Never owned a set. I think you'll get great mileage out of them, but be careful. Probably not the grip you are use to.

Back