Need new front fairing.

jessed

Registered
Hello all,

I'm a new member, though I've been trolling for a while. I wrecked this morning, first wreck ever, real bummer. I found most of the replacements parts I need on Ebay, mostly upgrades that are cheaper than the stock parts, but I haven't been able to find a new front fairing. One of the hooks that hold the headlight in place broke & now it's wobbly, so I cannot wait until something does come up on Ebay. (Besides, broadcasting to the world that I got stupid doesn't do much for my self-respect).

I'll have to drive it home tonight, but it's going to be garaged until this is all fixed. I commute 60 one-way miles / day, so this needs to be fixed quick... gas is too expensive to be driving cars all over the place.

Does anyone have any suggestions concerning finding a new front fairing? I've checked ebay, no dice. It's for a 2004, black/purple. I'm certainly not against an after-market frant as long as I don't have to replace the sides or rear to match it.

Before anyone asks: I wasn't speeding. It was nearly a multi-car pile up and I was just the only one not able to stop in time. Hit the car it front of me at about 10 -20 mph. She swerved after I did but in the same direction as me. There was a wall-median that stopped me from going further to the left & I couldn't correct back to the right in time because she had to really pound on the brakes to avoid the car in fornt of her. My fault of course, I should have been a little farther back & not looking at the conditions 1/10th mile ahead rather than watchng her more closely.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks much,
--jesse

Welcome to the board.
 Sorry to hear about your wreck and I glad to hear it wasn't worse.  Have you checked with the dealer to see what it would cost for a new one?  
Try here
www.ronayers.com

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101243566 -->

Thanks for the www.ronayers.com tip. They don't have one listed, but I appreciate it. The dealer wants $400 for a new one. So far I've replaced all the other parts (front fender, clutch lever, and mirrors), with stock or upgrade parts for the same amount he just wanted for the front fender. ($167.99).

I'll keep looking for this. I realize it'll be harder to find, but I figure a day or two of lookng won't hurt me. If I have to break down and get it from them will, just irritates me because I _know_ there are cheaper places. Even www.ronayers.com wants less for the stock front fender than my dealer does.

thanks again,
--jesse

Welcome to the board and sry about your mishap, hopefully you can get everything worked out and back on the road soon.

paineless4u
Seasoned Pilot

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:2.52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the board and sry about your mishap, hopefully you can get everything worked out and back on the road soon. [/QUOTE]

Ditto !

I have a brand new fairing in my garage and I don't live very far from you. Drop me an email. I have quite a few parts. If you rearended a car, even though you were going slow, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't need new forks and even a tripple tree. It doesn't take much to tweak your forks. I have a set of those as well.

Hello all,

I'm a new member, though I've been trolling for a while. I wrecked this morning, first wreck ever, real bummer. I found most of the replacements parts I need on Ebay, mostly upgrades that are cheaper than the stock parts, but I haven't been able to find a new front fairing. One of the hooks that hold the headlight in place broke & now it's wobbly, so I cannot wait until something does come up on Ebay. (Besides, broadcasting to the world that I got stupid doesn't do much for my self-respect).

I'll have to drive it home tonight, but it's going to be garaged until this is all fixed. I commute 60 one-way miles / day, so this needs to be fixed quick... gas is too expensive to be driving cars all over the place.

Does anyone have any suggestions concerning finding a new front fairing? I've checked ebay, no dice. It's for a 2004, black/purple. I'm certainly not against an after-market  frant as long as I don't have to replace the sides or rear to match it.

Before anyone asks: I wasn't speeding. It was nearly a  multi-car pile up and I was just the only one not able to stop in time. Hit the car it front of me at about 10 -20 mph. She swerved after I did but in the same direction as me. There was a wall-median that stopped me from going further to the left & I couldn't correct back to the right in time because she had to really pound on the brakes to avoid the car in fornt of her. My fault of course, I should have been a little farther back & not looking at the conditions 1/10th mile ahead rather than watchng her more closely.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks much,
--jesse
T/t
your dealer
the '05's are out they got this thing called frieght damage
it's under warranty your dealer maybe could get creative or just do few warr claims on others to cover the cost of the parts . he could do it on known problem childs
they got them asking the right questions can get it done
wink wink knudgeknudge say no more
BTW sorry to hear of crashing, it's never fun no matter whose at fault

Back